bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Your Mom's Lesbians
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

Your Mom's Lesbians  Reply with quote  

Comments....?

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
deb

I'd like to think you struggled for all those balloon comments. My guess is, however, that they came all too easily for you.

<3

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Naked and Famous

Very creative!! It looks like you worked really hard on it. I give you an A+ for creativity and time spent. I'm telling my friend to check it out. She will love it!

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message
cornman

bwaaahahahahaha! that's brilliant. nice job and looks like you had a blast as well.
gotta love this friggin city, eh!

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Very cool. And isn't that Lily about 2/3 of the way down? (pun not intended)

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goudron

That guy on the "Mikes" side of the "Mikes on Bikes" sign isn't a Mike! I think it's Adam from Mythbusters:

We've uncovered his deepest darkest secret - that he poses as a Mike!

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

Goudron wrote:
That guy on the "Mikes" side of the "Mikes on Bikes" sign isn't a Mike! I think it's Adam from Mythbusters:

We've uncovered his deepest darkest secret - that he poses as a Mike!
Le gasp! You shatter my nerd world! Just kiddiing.

Bravo, Chris! I love the whole comic-book feel of it. ^_^

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gailellen

You Rock Chris!  Reply with quote  

Love it, you paint a funky picture of that funky town. I want to move back home. Life is better in San Fran. The food is better, it's colder, there is no where to park, crazy people try to get into your cab, you have to pay to get into the city, it's a bitch to drive a manual trans, and I would give my left nut (checking- ok, don't have one of those, how about my left boob, will that work?) my left boob to move back. Thanks for bringing us a taste of that delicious city.

Oh, btw. From Fluke: "The wind was warm and sweet, the water the heartbreak blue of a newborn's eyes."
You are an amazing writer. (I know I know, you've heard it all before, but I REALLY mean it. It is rare anymore to find sentences that stop you and take your breath away- thank you.)

MySpace

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

Looks like a lot of care and attention went into that there entertaining comic strip.

So, anything to avoid writing, huh? Procrastination is a creative thing.

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lisa M

What sights! But, if it is all the same to you, I don't think my mother would like to claim any of them.

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:54 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lenore

God, I just love San Francisco!

So does it make you happy you moved back, AG?

Nothing like this in Hawaii, I bet.

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:33 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

What I want to know is, did the parade include a contingent from the local First Lesbyterian Church? Cool

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beta Male Mike

I'm happy to be a newbie to this forum.

My favorite part of the Gay Pride Parade 2006 was the picture with this line " Then the dream changes, and I'm walkin' through a feild of multicolored penises"

Just finished LAMB, it was amazing.

Chirs- I saw you on "A Dirty Job" book tour in Dayton, Ohio. Someone asked what your religion was, and you said you considered yourself a "Chistmas Easter Buddhist". I told I really liked the description and I considered my self a "Christmas Easter Buddhist also".

That being said, in Buddhism you always here teachings on "Beyond thought" and "Calm the mind so thoughts settle" yada yada yada.

I was wondering as a writer (and a great one at that) who comes up with so many creative thoughts, how do you relate to such teachings about "Beyond thought" in Buddhism?

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Beta Male Mike wrote:
I'm happy to be a newbie to this forum.

My favorite part of the Gay Pride Parade 2006 was the picture with this line " Then the dream changes, and I'm walkin' through a feild of multicolored penises"

Just finished LAMB, it was amazing.

Chirs- I saw you on "A Dirty Job" book tour in Dayton, Ohio. Someone asked what your religion was, and you said you considered yourself a "Chistmas Easter Buddhist". I told I really liked the description and I considered my self a "Christmas Easter Buddhist also".

That being said, in Buddhism you always here teachings on "Beyond thought" and "Calm the mind so thoughts settle" yada yada yada.

I was wondering as a writer (and a great one at that) who comes up with so many creative thoughts, how do you relate to such teachings about "Beyond thought" in Buddhism?

Well, Mike, I'm glad you asked that. You see, for writing, the whole "beyond thought" and "no mind" thing can be, as the Buddha said, a motherfucker. If there's a way to get beyond dualistic thought while writing fiction, I haven't found it yet, but that doesn't mean that the belief isn't valid. I really sort of think you only get moments of enlightenment -- like mere instants where everything is illuminated, like when a camera flash goes off in dark room. The rest of the time you sort of stumble around in the dark looking at the yellow spot on your retinas, trying to figure out who had the camera and how best to slap the shit out of them. But that's just me. Be spiritual. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by chris on Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lisa M

Well, Mike, I'm glad you asked that. You see, for writing, the whole "beyond thought" and "no mind" thing can be, as the Buddha said, a motherfucker. Shocked I knw I liked him. If there's a way to get beyond dualistic thought while writing fiction, I haven't found it yet, but that doesn't mean that the belief isn't valid. I really sort of think you only get moments of enlightenment -- like mear instants where everything is illuminated, like when a camera flash goes off in dark room. The rest of the time you sort of stumble around in the dark looking at the yellow spot on your retinas, trying to figure out who had the camera and how best to slap the shit out of them. Shit. My life exactly. But that's just me be spiritual. Your mileage may vary.

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: