Christopher Moore Home Page

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Old Age is No Place for Sissies...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
JennyO

That was excellent, Chris.

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Karin

Chris, all I can say is...You can SO stinkin' write!! Cool

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:28 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Chris, it seems no matter what you write, it always touches me.

BTW...I can totally relate to the looking in the mirror and being shocked that there is not a nineteen year old looking back at me. Wink

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
cornman

May you stay, forever young........and ROCK!

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:50 am   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

I love the blog as I noted at MySpace, but I'm really irked that I now have Rod Stewart stuck in my head. And more dismaying than that, is that it's the second time this week Rod Stewart's been stuck in my head.

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lenore

Interesting blog Chris.

So what brought the sixties generation to this incredibly apathetic place?

The baby boomers that wanted to change the world and live in peace?
The group that went through the hell of Vietnam, the betrayal of Watergate and the disco generation, the ME Yuppie decade to this horrible nothing passionless place of no vision but fundamentalism?

I admire the stick to it ness of the artists who still write about change and
What the fuck have we've done? but they aren't changing minds.

I hope they do, but I don't see it, not yet.

I hear about this here and many of my friends feel like I do but when I look around I see people who have bought into the FEAR.

Bought into the SUVs and big Mac Mansions, bought into the corporate tit and especially bought into the fear of losing our cushy life styles, or our religions to the crazy islamics or the godless liberals.

I don't feel 50, I may look it, but I don't feel it. I haven't gotten more conservative with age (like my dad said I would). I want to be healthy and feel good but mostly I'm holding on to the last shreads of youthful feelings of hope. Hope that most people eyes have recently opened and are seeing the reality of what fear and apathy brings to the world.

I have to hold on to the hope that there's a majority of the population concerned that the powers that be aren't going to happily let us take it back and we need to fight like hell to throw them to the curb.

So the body's weakening, the face is wrinkling but the I will be damned if the fear is going to win. Age may get me but Newt Gingrich won't.

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:07 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Well said, Lenore.

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:26 am   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

knikkki wrote:
I love the blog as I noted at MySpace, but I'm really irked that I now have Rod Stewart stuck in my head. And more dismaying than that, is that it's the second time this week Rod Stewart's been stuck in my head.

Nicole:

Get Bob Dylan in your head. That's why I titled it thus. Grham Nash is a big Dylan fan. Stewart just coverd that song Smile

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
lisa

Ignorance is older than wisdom. That part which is ignorant ages faster than the wise one.

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cathy

Location: Austin_an island of blue surrounded by a sea of red.

chris wrote:
knikkki wrote:

Nicole:

Get Bob Dylan in your head. That's why I titled it thus. Grham Nash is a big Dylan fan. Stewart just coverd that song Smile

Ain't Nicole cute? Rod Stewert Laughing Ah, the kids these days. Warning: Steely Dan reference alert ahead. She don't remember the queen of soul.

Great post, Chris. As always, you're just brilliant!

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Regina

That blog was most excellent.

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

Cathy wrote:
chris wrote:
knikkki wrote:

Nicole:

Ain't Nicole cute? Rod Stewert Laughing Ah, the kids these days. Warning: Steely Dan reference alert ahead. She don't remember the queen of soul.

Great post, Chris. As always, you're just brilliant!

Seriously, mortified. I am 42.10 ... one would think I'd know. But, I've never been much of a Dylan fan. Just found out (last year) that Knockin' on Heaven's Door was him. (right, that's him right?)

I'm retarded. Boota can pick on me.

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:45 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

Don't let them pick on you! We are sufferers of the horrible 70s and 80s DJ conspiracy where they threw music at us and wanted to talk but always forgot to tell us who the artist was! We were only told about the Bay City Rollers! They hoarded the good music for "real" fans. Fuckers.

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ken
Site Admin

knikkki wrote:

Seriously, mortified. I am 42.10 ... one would think I'd know. But, I've never been much of a Dylan fan. Just found out (last year) that Knockin' on Heaven's Door was him. (right, that's him right?)

I'm retarded. Boota can pick on me.

There are 15,731 Dylan covers in the Dylan Covers Database as of today... The guy has been covered so much that people reach back to the really obscure, and cover those too. Every one of his songs has probably been covered by now.

That's a lot. Don't feel too bad.

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Beta Male Mike

Ooops

Last edited by Beta Male Mike on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: