Christopher Moore Home Page

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Screwed the Pooch
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

Screwed the Pooch  Reply with quote  

If I take down the Lieberman post I may take down these comments, you guys, so you don't look like a bunch of botards answer a post that wasn't there. I haven't decided yet. I'm still pissed off. Grrrrrrrr. Lieberman.

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Joelibris

Apparently Ned Lamont, the nice TRUE Dem who whooped him in the primary has gobs and gobs of available cash to campaign with. Liebster wants to run Independent? Let him. The last Indy who held a major office was Gov. Ventura of Minnesota, and lets face it, Joe (not me) just doesn't have wrasslin' cred.

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Click

Chris, it is all tactics. Lieberman knew he couldn't win. He came close but no cookie. The Republicans want either him, or a republican in office. So, getting Joe to run independent will pretty much assure that they get what they want.

While you are at it, can you, or any of the others here, enlighten me on the difference between Democrats and Republicans (aka Demublicans and Remocrats)? I have researched this for a long time and I can't tell any real differences.

What I am really chuffed, happy, and just brill about is Cynthia McKinney lost! Wooo Hooo! That insane asylum in a body is finally out for a while. Maybe we can get the Georgia folks working again and not being so worried about what Cindy Loo is going to do next. Of course, they could re-elect her next time, but we will have a few good years.

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
mllefifi

I agree with Chris. If Lieberman is going to jump ship and run as an independent, the Democratic party shouldn't support him, and especially the Dem. members of Congress shouldn't, if he were to get re-elected (e.g., no choice committee assignments, etc.).

He was quoted on NPR this morning complaining about the partisanship in the race. Since when does disagreement over one very important major issue between two candidates from the same political party constitute partisanship? What would be the point of a primary election if there weren't two or more differently engaged candidates in one party to choose from? Indeed, if Lieberman had won, would he have bemoaned his opponent's losing because of partisanship?

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:02 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LostInWalmart

Christ Almighty AG, you know a lot about the bible. You should write a book. BTW - I was at Barnes and Noble again yesterday and LAMB was prominently displayed at the front on the Favorite Reads table. I caressed it fondly and not a little libidinously until people started staring.

The difference between Democrats and Republicans? WHooo-eee where to start?

Republicans are conservatives who use God and Country to do any damn thing they want and apparently have a deaf ear for hypocrisy. I feel bad for real conservatives, the nice smart ones like David Brooks, who have seen their party hijacked by Machiavellian God-slinging nutjobs. Republicans, ironically enough, favor small government, less taxation, pro-business, and strong military (oh, and no goddamn gay marriage).

Democrats are a bunch of peace-loving hippies who couldn't find a cohesive message if it was attached to the hacky-sack they kick around their elitist east-coast (or Californian) universities. Democrats generally favor a government that will use taxes to help people in need, and to support a military just big enough to protect us without all that pesky imperialism. Oh, and they smoked a lot of pot in the 60s. Ironically enough, several of the last Dem presidential candidates actually went to and/or fought in wars, as opposed to their chicken-shit, rat-bastard, draft-dodging, deferment-getting, AWOL-going republican counterparts.

I could be off on a few of these points, but dammit it's my right as an american to believe any old damn thing without the burden of having to actually prove it.

I hope this helps.

LIW

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:20 am   View user's profile Send private message
Katy O

I'm one of the eight people. Apparently, I'm also a botard.

Hear, hear!

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:31 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lisa M

Excellent comments, Chris. I think you should leave them up.

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:26 am   View user's profile Send private message
Cathy

Location: Austin_an island of blue surrounded by a sea of red.

I couldn't agree more with your rant, Chris. Please don't take this down.

As a Jew and a democrat, I was extremely pleased that Gore had the balls to take Lieberman as his running mate. But Lieberman is a weasel. Channey pretty much ate him alive during the Vice Presidential debates. Joe turned out to be more boring than Gore, which I couldn't think possible. The Independent party can have him. A pox on Joe *** (spits three times).

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gailellen

#8  Reply with quote  

Chris, ranting is good for the soul. Please leave it up, it is educational and entertaining... why don't you run? I am sure all 8 of us would vote for you.

Laughing

MySpace

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Click

I believe Lieberman said he was running as an Independent Democrat, not a "real" Independent.

And the only REAL difference between Democrats and Republics is the rate of government growth...that is all.

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
FattyFattyPorkFace

I'm going to quote these messages and your blog randomly around the forum so that you can't delete it. Twisted Evil

Ok...well, actually, I'm not...mainly because I am lazy. Actually, entirely because I am lazy...but how can you be sure? Oh no, dilemma!

I am an evil genius with incredibly good, gentle and retarded intentions. Pity I'm foreign or I could make President!

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jillybeans

Why is it that we vote for people in whose faith we feel they've been discriminated against instead of the persons. Damn straight, I agree with you, Chris. Does that make eight. Sure we were mislead about the war. But politics? Well it's politics and who can gain the most votes, suck up to the most people. Dare I say it: Legalized whores. There was just something about Lieberman though that I just didn't like so well .... I didn't vote for Gore. Methinks he should read the Bible again and look at what God did to David for some of his actions in order to get Uriah out of the way so he could get it on with Bathsheba. Or maybe my thoughts are just the afteraffect of the benzo they made me take yesterday. What do I know?

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Last edited by Jillybeans on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:34 am   View user's profile Send private message
gretchenfaith

Silly Author Guy, you must have miscounted. There has to be at LEAST, say, NINE of us who agree with you. Razz

In all seriousness, I'm very frightened that Joe will run as an independent and then split the democratic vote and them some right wing nutjob fucktard will win that seat...we cannot let that happen!!!

Gretchenfaith

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

gretchenfaith wrote:
right wing nutjob fucktard

as opposed to...

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:38 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.
Re: #8  Reply with quote  

gailellen wrote:
Chris, ranting is good for the soul. Please leave it up, it is educational and entertaining... why don't you run? I am sure all 8 of us would vote for you.

Laughing
I think the number's gone up to 9 or 10. I can vote now. XD But I understand how you feel, Chris. Joe is a no go... and that was funny sounding... oh well.

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: