bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Stratford Upon Avon Comments
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

Stratford Upon Avon Comments  Reply with quote  

So there you go....

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ok, now I want a horny weekender, complete with Shakespearian toys. Guess I'll have to make due with tea & sandwiches...

Thanks for the laugh, AG- I really needed it!

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

zendao42 wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ok, now I want a horny weekender, complete with Shakespearian toys. Guess I'll have to make due with tea & sandwiches...

Thanks for the laugh, AG- I really needed it!

A weekender in the UK is a weekend long party. A horny weekender is a play on words regarding the upcoming halloween and the propensity of women to dress like whores and proclaim they are a witch or a devil...but no, they are dressed like whores. Good parties.

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mllefifi

Great photos, Chris.

Did you happen to stumble on any "protest" sites in Stratford-Upon-Avon dedicated to the purported "real" Shakespeares, like Marlowe or De Vere? Rolling Eyes

By the way, Chris, what graphics-editing program do you use to superimpose the thought/speech bubbles? (Not that I could think of any clever things to put in them for the pics I take; for some reason I don't take many photos of people anyway. Embarassed )

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

Thanks for the info... I still want one. We used to have those but we called them WEEKENDS ON MARS. They involved lots of elaborate make-up & mass quantities of certain chemicals- one of the many reasons I won't be having jello shots again- or drinking anything named "Mr. Beer" in any language.

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

These are great! Very funny.

No easy way to put them on MySpace. You have to put each photo URL in individually.

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

mllefifi wrote:
Great photos, Chris.

Did you happen to stumble on any "protest" sites in Stratford-Upon-Avon dedicated to the purported "real" Shakespeares, like Marlowe or De Vere? Rolling Eyes

By the way, Chris, what graphics-editing program do you use to superimpose the thought/speech bubbles? (Not that I could think of any clever things to put in them for the pics I take; for some reason I don't take many photos of people anyway. Embarassed )

I use Comic Life for the Mac, Feef. If you're using a PC there's a program called ComicBook Creator. Google it. I think you can try it for 30 days free, or it's $19.00 to buy. Comic Life is $30, but I'm told they are shipping it free with the new Macs. Both programs export as Jpegs, PDFs, or you can upload to Mac.com with Comic Life and get an actual book sent to you, although it's not cheap. Not a bad way to put an album together, but a little time consuming. I need to hook the Mac to a bigger monitor if I'm going to do more of this. The window for creating the "comic" makes a whole 8 1/2 by 11 inch page about four inches tall, so it's hard as hell to see what you are doing.

I crop the pics on the PC with Picasa 2, which is free from Google, and I reduce them all to managible size on the PC with a free resize tool from Microsoft, available from Microsoft.com. (Or google XP Powertoys).

As for protest sites, not I didn't see any, but there would have hardly been room among the cheesy gift shops. I did read a great piece by David Mamet on the "anti-Stratfordians" last night in his book, Three Uses of the Knife. He basically says that by protesting the authorship of Shakespeare's plays people remove themselves from having to consider just how good he was, and further remove themself from the drama of the work. I tend to agree, but I would never have thought of that first. (In other words, it doesn't fucking matter who wrote them. Quit being and idiot and engage the work. Not you -- them.)

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

Change nothing! The story tells like a book! Eureka!!! Now there's an idea! Go figure!

Me likey. Very Happy

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

... I wanna Horny weekender... >_> <_< XD

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Butch the Vizsla

I got really drunk the day I visited Stratford On Avon, nice to see pics of what I can't remember

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Naked and Famous

gracie wrote:
Uh, none of that looks educational. Are you sure you were researching a book.

What the hell is a horny weekender, other than Mr. Wonderful? details, we need details.

Gracie, it is educational. He was researching the author. You know. 8)

AG, you have waaaaaay to much fun with your camera. It was great. I wish that I could do stuff like that.

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

a word of warning... the McDonaldds there sucks... and not in the good sort of way...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

conspiracies unlimited wrote:
a word of warning... the McDonaldds there sucks... and not in the good sort of way...

This is true. But that doesn't mean it is different from here. McDonald's sucks everywhere! It's FUCKING MCDONALD'S!

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
conspiracies unlimited wrote:

This is true. But that doesn't mean it is different from here. McDonald's sucks everywhere! It's FUCKING MCDONALD'S!

An englishman speaking discouraging words about colunary prowess?...Tsk.

Nice pics AG, anticipate next batch eagerly.

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

fortune cookie wrote:
An englishman speaking discouraging words about colunary prowess?...Tsk.

Speak of what you know, not what you know you've been told. Not everything you hear is truth and not every truth is heard.

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: