Christopher Moore Home Page

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Slam Dancing for Cougars
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

Slam Dancing for Cougars  Reply with quote  

I'm thinking I may regret that post at some point. Oh well....

By the way, I'm not sad. Right after I posted this everyone was consoling me. I'm stoked! I was just trying to be funny.

I really do love Prufrock, though. If you haven't read it, click on the link and read that bad boy. My favorite poem ever!

Last edited by chris on Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
lisa

I love it but!

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

If it makes you feel better, I'll show you the contents of the clipboard we kept in our misspent youth-
full of doodles, attempts at poetry, surveys, defunct phone numbers/addresses & ramblings of total strangers...

Now there's something to regret! Wink

Seriously, the broccoli's fine as long as you don't cook it- save it for the salad!
Or just burn some incense-
but not patchouli, that makes you smell like a dirty, old hippie regardless of age...

chris wrote:
"...Soon I'll be shitting in a bag and eating nothing but strained peas until the nurse has the fucking decency to crank the morphine drip to eleven and let me shuffle the fuck off this mortal coil with my last shred of dignity."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Love it! As long as you can still remember to reference SPINAL TAP, you're not that old!

GO GET 'EM, COUGAR!

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Notdeadyet

get over it.
go have a coffee,
your socks are on the floor where you left them.

I am a trained healthcare professional, do not argue.

If it makes you feel any better, my father was in the same boat when he turned sixty, OMG, he went on and on about how he was the only male in his family to make it to sixty without a heart attack....
He went fruity eating his own mung bean sprouts grown in canning jars on the window...he lost 30 pounds

He just turned 86. He eats whatever the hell he wants, every day he has an egg mcmuffin with sausage now, if your times up, it's up, just the way it is.
Very Happy
(You're a midwesterner for goodness's sakes.)
Do you feel the urge to get up at 5 and go to the pie place at 6 and have coffee in your feed cap yet?

Last edited by Notdeadyet on Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:50 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Here's some consolation: Twiggy is 58 today! Very Happy

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Amigo

Brilliant post, Chris, speaking as someone who has gone through much of your "second-guessing" and then some.

But here I am a year later, and it's still all hanging nicely together. I'm enjoying my life in many ways more now than ever, and have stopped looking back over my shoulder at the "what ifs" and "might have beens."

We may be on the statistical down hill slope, but I say "fuck it," and continue to live life to the fullest.

As Auntie Mame said, "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Enjoy your dotage, man! Laughing

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:46 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb

Good god. You think death is gonna give you a handjob right before you die.

You live in a fantasy world, man.

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Amigo

deb wrote:
Good god. You think death is gonna give you a handjob right before you die.

You live in a fantasy world, man.

Damn straight, and loving every minute of it! Razz

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:00 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Amigo wrote:
[...] As Auntie Mame said, "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death." [...]

And, as Tom Lehrer said, "Life is like a sewer: what you get out of it depends on what you put into it." Smile

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aubie

Quote:
Iím still very immature. I look forward to Easter for one reason: Peeps in the Microwave. Does a grown-up guy do that?

Laughing Laughing

So, whatever happened to the frog-eating fish?

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zevon

Great title for a short story, or perhaps even a whole collection of short stories:
"Last of the Great Unboned".

C'Mon ladies, step up on a brother's 50 th birthday, give something back to a man that's brought you so much reading plaasure over the years.
Charlee won't mind - she's a Cougar! * Razz

*Poster takes no, I repeat NO responsibility if for some unforeseen crazy reason the Cougar Lady actually does mind...

Anyway, it's Talk Like a Pirate Day. I'm gonna go kick somebody in the shins.

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:50 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

zevon wrote:
[...] Anyway, it's Talk Like a Pirate Day. I'm gonna go kick somebody in the shins.

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

What if the pirate has only one shin left? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
knikkki

wow --- I'm simultaneously entertained and depressed. It's a good thought provoking piece, but it really is kind of a downer.

Happy Birthday!

I too have been thinking about aging. I turn 44 next month and I've decided that 44 is going to be one of my power years. One of the years when I say to myself: I'm young, I'm hot, I'm wise. A liberating year. But it could be just because I've seen my first glimpse of "action" in almost 3 years. I could just be riding the false high of a male actually paying attention to me. It'll pass in a couple of days and 44 could become scary again.

BTW, I'm spending my 44th birthday on an airplane flying home from France. THE WHOLE DAY.

Speaking of above-mentioned male ... He said something fairly inconsiderate and when I called him on it, his response was "I'm a guy." Which brings me to your point (circa Peeps) ... There are no grown up guys.

I say, celebrate your immaturity like we did in Dublin. Seriously ... No one under 30 at the table, corporate function ... This is what we did ...

We took pictures of arm cracks in such a way that make them look like ass cracks. It's hilarious party fun. If I can get somebody to send me one of the photos I'll post it.

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

P.S. Super glad you didn't die at 49. That totally would have sucked for us.

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

knikkki wrote:
P.S. Super glad you didn't die at 49. That totally would have sucked for us.

I kinda think it would have sucked just a little more for him. Only briefly, though.

Asscracks in Ireland is the title of your new book, isn't it?

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:45 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: