bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Rodney!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

Rodney!  Reply with quote  

So?

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

Tigger, please, what makes you think that we were interested in your opinion on this?

*grins*

I should probably hide now, right? Cool

Seriously though, awesome blog entry. Smile

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DanaMichelle

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Tigger, please, what makes you think that we were interested in your opinion on this?

Because he is Christopher Fucking Moore, and he said so, BITCH. Wink

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cornman

I, as well, shall be happily casting my vote squarely at barak obama.
i don't tend to follow politics very much, but, what i can sense is that obama is the only person who has a chance at actually doing some repairs to the damage that bushCo has wrought.
especially on a global level.
he's probably the only person to think, "hey, why can't we all just get along?". but, of course, he'll be met with obstacles and opposition all along any road he tries to take to get us to where there might be some semblance of peace and understanding. no one wants peace and understanding when there's a buck to be made, right?

it's hard to not feel the optimism surrounding the upcoming election. especially since i live in a happy little 7x7 mile bubble of warm and fuzzy liberalism called san francisco.
but cross a bridge or head south a few miles and there you are, right back in majority, nascar lovin', america. stuck in traffic, driving the biggest gas-guzzling autos they can get their hands on, 'cause, you know, that's patriotic.
ya think the nascar crowd can handle a dark-skinned president? a woman president?
i really want to believe they can. i really want to believe that even the most mulletted, beer-hat wearing, church on sunday to pray for ole #3, speed boat watching, bass fishing-as-a-sport crowd has even had enough with dubya.
it's easy for me to feel this way because, as i said, i live in the "bluest" town in the country.
like the poster on mulder's wall, "i want to believe".

the pessimistic part of my pop-culture lovin' consciousness has a little scenario that keeps popping up. it goes a little something like this...

imagine, if you will (you will), a creepy ammityville style mansion sitting atop a dreary lonely hill. surrounded by nothing but mud and dead trees. ominous thunder and lightning in the distance. as you follow what you thought was a gravel driveway (it's actually ground up baby bald eagle bones) to the front of the house you notice a mailbox (appropriately shaped like a coffin) that reads "residence of the secret head of the republican party". a "no solicitors, please" sign hangs below.

inside, at the head of a 20 foot long dining room table, sits the "secret head of the republican party", we'll call him dracula to set the proper characterization, eating, with lip-smacking enjoyment, puppy pate on a ritz cracker and drinking the fresh tears of a war widow bottled specially by the coca-cola corp.

along comes dracula's butler, igor (of course), busting through the door with a happy announcement.....

"master, master! i have wonderful news!" proclaims igor.

"capes and top hats are back in style?" asks drac.

"no, sorry master. better news, i swear!"

"well, spit it out. this puppy is getting warm"

"the democrats, master! all they have for candidates now is a woman and a negro!"

"ha.hahaha. hahahahahahahahahahahhahacoughhahaha! that is great news. i shall be able to keep a puppet of my choosing in the seat of power, indefinitely!
fools!
igor, break out the baby seals. we're gonna do some celebratory clubbin'!"

ok, sorry, thanks for playing.
we'll see what happens. i'll still be as optimistic as i can, putting out as much positive thinking as any hippie within a 7 mile radius.
but, i remember that horrible ookie gut-tearing feeling i got almost 4 years ago when that slimy little bush got elected. FOR THE SECOND TIME! *shudder*
that's a hard one to forget. let alone forgive.
but i'm tryin'.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Butch the Vizsla

AG Wrote:
Quote:
I am hopeful. I am Rodney King. I am naive, and self-deluded, and irrelevant and irony stalks me like a snickering wolf, but next Tuesday I will vote for Barak Obama.

Tigger please - I don't think you need to be naive, self-deluded to vote for Obama. He's an exciting candidate. I can't remember the last time we could say that about a candidate who was also a leading contender.

I'm with you on that one.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joelibris

Butch the Vizsla wrote:
I can't remember the last time we could say that about a candidate who was also a leading contender.

But what about the Gorebot and Kerrybot? Razz Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DanaMichelle

Butch the Vizsla wrote:
Tigger please - I don't think you need to be naive, self-deluded to vote for Obama. He's an exciting candidate. I can't remember the last time we could say that about a candidate who was also a leading contender.

Wouldn't it be NICE to be able to vote for the BEST candidate for the job, rather than the lesser of two evils? I was an Edwards girl, myself, but I wouldn't kick Obama out of the figurative bed for eating figurative crackers... literally.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lisa

cornman wrote:

i don't tend to follow politics very much, but, what i can sense is that obama is the only person who has a chance at actually doing some repairs to the damage that bushCo has wrought.

Obama will come and continue the war.

cornman wrote:
but, of course, he'll be met with obstacles and opposition all along any road he tries to take to get us to where there might be some semblance of peace and understanding.

Obstacles and opposition will not be the one that stops him.

The Igor part of your scenario is however, totally accurate.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sephonae

Chris wrote:
Are we not all Americans? Do we not all want our nation to be safe, and prosperous, and clean, and beautiful, and just, and smart, and healthy? If, essentially, we can agree that we all want those things, is there any way that we might pursue those goals, keep them in sight, and debate our different strategies toward achieving them without insisting that anyone who disagrees with us is sub-human?

Some folks want all of those good things for our nation. Others don't give a rat's ass about the nation--in the immortal words of Depeche Mode, "...the grabbing hands grab all they can, all for themselves-after all..."

But greed knows no party--the grabbing hands reach out from both red and blue states, cities, households. The best that can be hoped for, I think, is that the hardest hearts be softened by the good example given by people of conscience...then, once they melt, we can all pour out some rounds of ouzo, cuz ees good for the looooooooove. (WatchingtheWheels, that's still making me giggle).

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

Sent a copy of this to my bf, still trying to get him to join the cult here...

Wow, I'm so glad you beautiful, crazy folks vote!

I'll probably be waiting until November since my give-a-damn has currently sprung a leak-
personal reasons, don't ask, but there's lots of anger involved-
but yeah, just like was said in the poll thread...

We care cuz you do! Very Happy

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

I know 5 people so far in my area who are voting for Obama.

me, my b/f, his mom, that crazy guy with the question mark outfit and car. (yeah I have met him like twice now, hes really friendly and funny.)

my boy friend's mom and one of my firefighter friends.

not sure who my folks are voting for but um ok then.

either way, Chris, Good plan.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChrisH

Re: Rodney!  Reply with quote  

chris wrote:
So?

You already read my input.

Good stuff otherchris, I agree wholeheartedly. Although, I refer to every politician in recent times as "fucktard," so, there we differ.

Chris

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:44 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ansky

Re: Rodney!  Reply with quote  

chris wrote:
So?

So... I'm not sure I tracked just how your blog explains why you're voting for barak -- he hasn't exactly been trying to "get along", either...

But, even though, I'm votin' for him too!

As an aside -- if you want to consider how far we have come (yes! we have made progress!), consider how long we've come in a lifetime (I'm the same age as AG)... The first president I can actually remember was JFK -- and there was so much noise and handwringing and cries of doom about his being Catholic! This election pretty much guarantees (unless the Dems pull some total dark horse out of their arses) we'll see a woman or a black running for the office... And on the GOP side there's still a chance they cut put a Mormon up...

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
wino

Well,  Reply with quote  

Without reading what anyone has responded (who really has the time when I care about is what AG says)

I think it should be "Why can't we all get along, except the evil fucktards Bush and Cheney?"

Does that work?

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sugarraydodge

I cast my absentee ballot on Thursday for Mitt Romney.

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:44 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: