bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Done!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

Done!  Reply with quote  

So?

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jillopy

OMG! OMG! OMG! Happy dance! Ok, I'll calm down.

Congratulations on finishing! I'm sure it's just as fabulous as all the rest!

3 more books and a comic book to look forward to! Too much good news to handle....feeling a bit dizzy. Ok, I'll calm down again.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Jillopy on Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Congrats, Chris! I'm looking forward to reading the new book.

I've got some painting that needs to be done if you run out of things to do. Wink

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
bleu

Again, Congrats!
and like I said on your 'space....There is ALWAYS Chatzy...how much trouble can you get into there?
Twisted Evil

http://bleueyedgirl.blogspot.com/

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
JennyO

Congratulations, Chris!

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

Good job, Chris! I've been trying to write a book for 3 years now, and if it weren't for a lack of discipline, an abundance of distractions, and the fear of it being crap, I'd be done by now. I started writing it again last night after a three week hiatus.

I am both grateful and irritated that I don't have a deadline. A deadline focuses the mind but it also creates a failure point, and I hate failing (you'd think I'd be ok with it after all the practise, but no).

What I am trying to say is, I grasp a bit more now what it is you go through. Of course, it isn't my job, I don't have the expectations of an enormous fan base to live up to, and I've never had a seller, nevermind a best-seller, so I'm a long way off actually understanding.

Congratulations and kudos on your achievement; 11 books is a lot of words, most of which your President can only dream of pronouncing - like "the".

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mllefifi

Great news, Chris!

As for the printer dying, have you tried this in a pinch?:

1. Convert documents to PDFs.
    2. Upload PDFs to a secure directory of a website (or at least a directory that you will remember to empty as soon as you're done so that they don't stay up long).
    3. Visit a local library that has public computers that will print from the web (including PDFs).
    4. Go to your web directory on a public computer and print the documents on the library's printer. (Best to do it in small increments or make several visits, not do a whole 400-page draft at once!)
    5. Take documents home.
    6. Delete PDFs from website. Cool
chris wrote:
Imagine that you're Ahab, and you pursue Moby Dick to the ends of the earth -- brave storms, disease, mutiny, but when you finally catch up to him you find he's dead on the beach and birds have been feeding on him for weeks. What do you do tomorrow?

Trap the birds, and fire up the grill! Laughing

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LostInWalmart

I mean this in the most professional way: you fucking rock.

There, I said it.

Now, do you have a working or final title?

bated breath and all that for the sneak peek.

B

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut

YEAH!

When's the wrap party?? And are we invited?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Notdeadyet

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I think I pee'd!
Coolio coolio coolio!
I don't get the part about the kid or shaggin the cat.
The what to do now part I get.
Oh hey, wait....
You have to figure out how to fit all those Grandpa's into your basement to write sequels.
OH, hey, speedskaterH says "just cuz you're finished doesn't mean it's done."
I'm totally making her scrub out the ferret cage this week for that.

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Congratulations!
Now go out in your backyard, dig up a can of munny, buy a fishin' Pole,
an go fishin.

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

mllefifi wrote:
Great news, Chris!

As for the printer dying, have you tried this in a pinch?:
    1. Convert documents to PDFs.
    2. Upload PDFs to a secure directory of a website (or at least a directory that you will remember to empty as soon as you're done so that they don't stay up long).
    3. Visit a local library that has public computers that will print from the web (including PDFs).
    4. Go to your web directory on a public computer and print the documents on the library's printer. (Best to do it in small increments or make several visits, not do a whole 400-page draft at once!)
    5. Take documents home.
    6. Delete PDFs from website. Cool
chris wrote:
Imagine that you're Ahab, and you pursue Moby Dick to the ends of the earth -- brave storms, disease, mutiny, but when you finally catch up to him you find he's dead on the beach and birds have been feeding on him for weeks. What do you do tomorrow?

Trap the birds, and fire up the grill! Laughing

Nah. I had them Fedex a new cartridge. I'll be able to print it this afternoon. But thanks for the idea. I could have had it printed at Staples or whatever, but it's probably just as well I have a day to be anxious before starting on the edit.

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
deb

Joss Whedon had Buffy go lesbo in the comic book series. She's not really a lesbian, just exploring. I guess you should keep that in mind as you ponder what you'd do in your own comic book.

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Watching The Wheels

Congrats! Very Happy
If the first 10 books are any indication, I'm sure it will be great!

I can't say I know exactly what it's like having finished a book. I mean, yes, I have shot a child in my backyard, but I suspect finishing a book has to bring a little more joy.... and far less intrusive questions from the cops.

chris wrote:
Ha! That would have been an infinitely better ending to Moby Dick. The rest of the novel would follow Ahab's wacky exploits as he pretends Moby's alive a la Weekend At Bernie's to appease the rest of the crew.

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
katdawg

soooooooo exciting.
Congratulations!

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: