Christopher Moore Home Page

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Waiter, there's a nuclear fuse in my soup

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

Waiter, there's a nuclear fuse in my soup  Reply with quote  

That's all I'm sayin...

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DanaMichelle

I'll have the Bang Bang Ji, with extra mushroom cloud, and an egg roll. Extra MSG.

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nevermore26

Shocked

Wait, why should I be shocked? So, did they return them for exchange? Or did we tell them that their receipt didn't match what they were trying to return, & that they should try Wal-Mart. I hear they have a pretty lenient return policy.

Nevermore...

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fortune cookie

Egg Flower Soup come with nuclear fuse.
Yoo wanna Nuclear Bomb, yoo gotta order The General Chicken!
Ai - YAh! Round Eyes! Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

geez...i mean.... geez

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FattyFattyPorkFace

You worded my thoughts perfectly. Congratulations. Wink

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

The more I hear about stuff like this, the more I realize I should be in charge-
& the less I want to be charge... Shocked

Anybody got a spare universe they're not using?
I'm thinking of relocating... Razz

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
leprrkan

Such stories make me proud to be an American... 'scuse me I have to run and look for flag lapel pins now Rolling Eyes

- "Bones"

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Magenta

I had a nasty experience involving Hot and Sour soup in Chinatown in London a few years ago. But, because I had to sign the official secrets act shortly afterwards, I am unable to comment on it any further.

*whistles nonchalantly*

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:56 am   View user's profile Send private message
Notdeadyet

I.....just......
no.
Men Who Stare AT GOATS!!!!!!
Is NOT as OFF as you would think!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's all I'm sayin.
I lied. I can't help myself. It could've been anybody, probably a government contractor. They can't tell you, they don't make those there. What's stupid is there will now probably be a half million dollar investigation. It will take forever. There will be recommendations for change. Those recommendations will of course never be implemented.

What I find MORE disturbing, is the tiny little piece in the NYT today, that Bush has pardoned 15. Not who they are. WHO ARE THEY!!! WHAT DID THEY DO!!! WHY WERE THEY PARDONED!!! Why would the NYT post a Washington brief saying 15 were pardoned and one was commuted. It only says they were "mostly" white collar crimes. War crimes?? What???? Shocked

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:02 am   View user's profile Send private message
Kathi Sircy

As for ME, I'm just sitting and patiently waiting for my "Stimulus Package Check" to arrive in the mail. I pray the same dummies are printing those,...and the amount on my check will be $600,000 instead of $600.
Then,... I CAN PUT IT TO GOOD USE,.... feed a few poor, give a few folks jobs, etc..... since the Govt. doesn't seem equipped to do it.
Pray you ALL get that big check I'm expecting, eh? We could buy everyone in the world a copy of LAMB!! How cool would that be. AG would be awefully rich THEN!!! Arrow Mr. Green I DO LOVE BIFF!

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:11 am   View user's profile Send private message
gretchenfaith

Quote:
How about we put the smart, efficient people in charge of, oh, I donít know, watching nuclear weapons.

I just want to say that you crack me up even when you are being righteously pissed off, and I appreciate that in an AuthorGuy.

Anyway, quite some time ago, before I was an old married lady with kids, I dated a guy whose JOB it was to sit in a silo in a very flat part of our country and WATCH THE WARHEADS. It really wasn't a very interesting job, but, it seemed pretty important.

And he was really a very bright guy, I mean, smart. Not stupid by a long shot. But, then, somebody in the US military got it into their heads that there were too many intelligent guys sitting around watching warheads in the greater US midwest, and they shipped him and his compatriots off to somewhere else to learn how to shoot stuff out of the sky with surface to air missiles or something. (And I decided I'd rather be married to a science teacher than a guy who shoots stuff down, so, go figure.)

At any rate, as you have already determined, the guys who weren't idiots, who WERE watching the warheads...aren't so much doing that anymore....Scary, isn't it?

GF

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

gretchenfaith wrote:

At any rate, as you have already determined, the guys who weren't idiots, who WERE watching the warheads...aren't so much doing that anymore....Scary, isn't it?

GF

These guys were watched by other guys who had loaded weapons aimed at their heads in case they didn't watch the warheads like they were told.

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Big Bus Mike

First 3 nuns break into a missle silo, now this.

Whole article here:
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4337221,00.html

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
walk

so thats where those warheads i ordered so long ago went! i've been wondering why all i got were these stupid batteries! humph like i even own a helicopter. Rolling Eyes but nothing brightens up a living room like a warhead.

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:13 am   View user's profile Send private message

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: