bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

JUDY GETS SOME HEAD
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

JUDY GETS SOME HEAD  Reply with quote  

Well she did!

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

Anybody else remember the t-shirt that said GIMME HEAD TIL I'M DEAD? Twisted Evil

You know, that first one reminds me that I need to work out more-
cuz my first thought was, "Hey, I don't remember posing for that..." Shocked

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joelibris

This coming from someone who would know, the first one has a very masculine butt.

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mllefifi

Whoa, too bad for the guys that volunteered as the models for Holofernes in those paintings.

Cool

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
knikkki

wow ... interesting AND educational. I had no idea.

You need a Chris art Wiki page where you can put all this stuff.

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sephonae

I dig the ones by Artemisia best, there's a sense of rising tension in the works you put up that capture my imagination. Kewl stuff!

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
leprrkan

Nice Very Happy

I liked the one that had all the detail in the neck stump, you could see the bones and all the grisly bits Laughing

- "Bones"

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deb

I think the Klimt Judith model is the only one of his models that they knew was his lover. Apparently he had many, but used her frequently. She looks like she could take Klimt's head off, no problem.

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FattyFattyPorkFace

I have a question - did the thing work to make the doodad appropriate on the various wodjimakallits or did I waste your time?

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lisa

The Gustave Klimt is one of my favorite paintings.

Very nice.

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chris
Site Admin

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
I have a question - did the thing work to make the doodad appropriate on the various wodjimakallits or did I waste your time?

Yes, Jeff, I meant to write you about that. It worked great. Probably saved me an hour on this entry. Thanks again.

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lavandula Girl

leprrkan wrote:
Nice Very Happy

I liked the one that had all the detail in the neck stump, you could see the bones and all the grisly bits Laughing

It's amazing how phenomenally bloodless Holfernes is, though, don't you think? In all these beheadings, lucky Judith never despoils her milky white cleavage with any icky gore.

And I agree, she has serious man-butt in that first one....

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:35 am   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Lavandula Girl wrote:
leprrkan wrote:
Nice Very Happy

It's amazing how phenomenally bloodless Holfernes is, though, don't you think? In all these beheadings, lucky Judith never despoils her milky white cleavage with any icky gore.

And I agree, she has serious man-butt in that first one....

I suspect that the "body double" model may have been a guy with knockers painted on. Look at the shoulders and forearms on Judy. She has more than a couple of man parts.And that's a honking big sword. A claymore -- two-handed broadsword. Even holding one of those up like that requires some strength.

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Katy O

Wow! There's enough boobs here to get my husband interested in art.

Some of the models are impressively perky.

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mllefifi

If anyone's interested, there are several musical renditions of the story of Judith. Antonio Vivaldi's Juditha triumphans is supposed to be famous.

The one that I have actually heard is Aleksandr Serov's opera from 1863 with the highly unexpected title Юдифь (pronounced approximately "yu-DEEF," with palatalization of the last two consonants).

A slightly incomplete CD recording was made about 15 years ago; the MP3 edition is available from Amazon. If you know Russian, you can get a .zip file of the libretto here. (The CD edition includes an English translation.)

Wink

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: