bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Further Notes from Germany And Milan
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

Further Notes from Germany And Milan  Reply with quote  

OK. Your Turn.

Post Tue May 13, 2008 1:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Uh, Chris, remind me not to visit Milan.

Did you get to see the bombed-out cathedral in Berlin?

Yeah, the cocktail-onion space-needle -- is this it?

Glad you got to see the rape-seed fields. They're so ... yellow...

Did you have any Spargle at a meal? Spargle, Spargle, Spargle...

Oh, and, yes, I guess the Germans don't want us to try to use their language. I remember reciting a phrase at the Frankfurt airport on departure, asking to change my money back into dollars, and the clerk proceeded to continue the transaction in English.

What good is Berlitz for? Geeze.

Post Tue May 13, 2008 2:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
leprrkan

Freaking awesome, you're better than Fodor's Laughing Laughing Laughing

Were there pics in the blog though? They didn't come through if there were...

If you'll be in Italy long enough, can you swing by Lake Como and give George Clooney a HUGE French kiss from the ladies here and then describe it in detail? Thanks Very Happy

- "Bones"

Post Tue May 13, 2008 5:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fortune cookie

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I get the feeling you don't be
liking MIlan so much.
As for being across from the prison, I'm fairly sure Charlee packed your
Chastity belt, so you'ld be safe. Shocked

Your blogs are hilarious by the way, (like I'm the first to tell you so Rolling Eyes )
Complie these into a book, it's mostly written, money in the bank. Wink

Post Tue May 13, 2008 6:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
walk

Laughing reminds me of the time i checked into a hotel in seattle and was greeted with "don't mind all the cops outside, someone escaped from prision and they are searching from him." it just fills you with a nice warm safe feeling doesn't it?
so what do they leave on your pillow in milan? Very Happy

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Tue May 13, 2008 7:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Klari

Dude, you can't trust Travelocity. People affiliated with the owners of the places post bogus reviews on there all the time. Might be someone on this very website even...

This is what Berlitz is good for:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YsCR9Y4Ymvo

Post Tue May 13, 2008 7:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Klari

Dude, you can't trust Travelocity. People affiliated with the owners of the places post bogus reviews on there all the time. Might be someone on this very website even...

This is what Berlitz is good for:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YsCR9Y4Ymvo

Post Tue May 13, 2008 7:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Very nice, calm even-spaced writing. Very good non-fiction. Very insightfully descriptive. I love that.

Post Tue May 13, 2008 7:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

Hmmmm... since there were no screams or whining, I'm assuming my planned prank didn't come off. Oh well, there's always next time.

Post Tue May 13, 2008 7:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DustyGuy

So, Chris.....Really, How was Milan? Truly Chris, I think you might want to re-think the whole "authorguy" thing. I just picked up a Fodor's Travel Guide, and nowhere does it give such uncanny insight into the City as you have done in your blog! You may have unwittingly opened up a whole new genre of travelogues, and I for one think you should run with it! Hell, King managed to make a mint selling a serial novel, forcing us gullible readers into buying a book a chapter at a time.....why not, " AuthorGuy's City of the Month Club" !!
Sign me up for the Inaugural Subscription!!!
ps: I always wondered where my adopted home of Knoxville got it's inspiration for it's 1982 Worlds Fair Monument....( drum roll here ) The SunSphere. ( picture a tootsie-pop on steroids, designed by Liberace)

Post Tue May 13, 2008 9:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DustyGuy

So Chris, really..how was Milan? Truly, Chris, I think you might want to re-think the whole " AuthorGuy " thing. I just picked up a Fodor's travel guide to Milan, and nowher does it give such uncanny insight into the City as you have done in your blog! You may have unwittingly ( or wittingly, if you prefer ) opened up a whole new genre of travelogues. Hell, Stephen King managed to make a mint selling a serial novel, forcing gullible readers into buying a book a few chapters at a time! So why not, ( trumpets ) The AuthorGuy's City of the Month Club!!
Put me down for an Inaugural Subscription!!

ps: I've always wondered where my adopted home of Knoxville, TN got it tacky inspiration for its 1982 Worlds Fair Monument....( drum roll ) The SunSphere.
( picture a tootsie-pop on steroids, designed by Liberace )

Post Tue May 13, 2008 9:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Not digging Italy?

Maybe you just need some rose-colored glasses-
or a ride in the HELLO KITTY car, or maybe the Pope-mobile... Twisted Evil

fortune cookie wrote:

Your blogs are hilarious by the way, (like I'm the first to tell you so Rolling Eyes )
Complie these into a book, it's mostly written, money in the bank. Wink

Yep, it's like those SIGNSPOTTING books only funnier & those things make me laugh til I'm sore... Laughing

Post Wed May 14, 2008 4:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kar98

The trick to get one of the best and /quietest/ rooms for cheap in any European hotel is to ask for the bus driver's or chauffeur's room. Obviously you'd also have to pretend to be a bus driver or chauffeur.

Post Wed May 14, 2008 11:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
knikkki

You know ... Germany was one of my favorite places I've ever visited, for all the reasons you said.

(except I haven't told you guys my elevator story yet, which does call into question that German efficiency ... It's not a story, actually, more like a sentence.)

ANYWAY ... Milan is potentially my least favorite place I've even been to. Like a close tie with Downtown Los Angeles. So I thought the contrast was going to be interesting. And voila. Interesting.

I'm sorry, but I'm glad the prison hotel happened, because that shit was funny.

Being of Italian descent, I'm glad they didn't take out my ancestors, and one can only hope that Milan is the exception rather than the Italian rule. However, I do caution you against the cardboard kids in Rome. Getting your passport reissued in a foreign country is a bitch.

Post Wed May 14, 2008 1:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

There was a paragraph about how I couldn't upload the blog or the pics, so I e-mailed the blog to Ken and he posted. I couldn't make him put the photos in , too, even if they would have uploaded to the server.

Maybe I'll luck out and get a better connection in the next city.

Post Wed May 14, 2008 1:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: