Christopher Moore Home Page

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Cornholio!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

Cornholio!  Reply with quote  

A lot of guys get dignity and stuff when they reach my age...

Oh well.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 10:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Amigo

Corniglia is a frazione ("fraction") of the commune of Vernazza in the province of La Spezia, Liguria, northern Italy. Unlike the other localities of the Cinque Terre, Corniglia is not directly adjacent to the sea. Instead, it is on the top of a promontory about 100 meters high, surrounded on three sides by vineyards and terraces and the fourth side descends steeply on the sea. To reach Corniglia, it is necessary to climb the Lardarina, a long brick flight of steps composed of 33 flights with 377 steps or, otherwise follow a vehicular road that, from the station, leads to the village. Sometimes a small buss runs up and down here.

The village stretches along the main road, Fieschi Road, and the houses have one side facing this road and the other facing the sea. Corniglia is characterized by narrow roads and a terrace obtained in the rock from which all other four Cinque Terre's villages, two on one side and two on the other, can be seen. The town planning structure presents also original characteristics compared to those of the other villages: the houses are lower set, and only more recently higher, similar to those of the villages of the hinterland.

Corniglia is mentioned in a famous novella of Giovanni Boccaccio's Decameron.

Butt...NO toilet paper is available!

Post Thu May 22, 2008 10:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

heh heh , SHUT UP BEAVIS! Razz

Post Thu May 22, 2008 10:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Notdeadyet

Yeah, but then you'd write novels like James Michener and stuff and we all wouldn't be reading them Shocked

Post Thu May 22, 2008 10:59 am   View user's profile Send private message
urhangovergirl

^VERY good point.

dignity is highly overrated.

The only time I ever consider myself a lady is when I have to chose between the ladies and gentlemen bathrooms. If Im gonna be a lady, I need it to be in a place where I can fart freely.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 11:27 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lavandula Girl

urhangovergirl wrote:
^VERY good point.

dignity is highly overrated.

The only time I ever consider myself a lady is when I have to chose between the ladies and gentlemen bathrooms. If Im gonna be a lady, I need it to be in a place where I can fart freely.

Heh heh heh heh... you said "fart"....

Post Thu May 22, 2008 1:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
JustAGirl

Amigo wrote:

Corniglia is a frazione ("fraction") of the commune of Vernazza in the province of La Spezia, Liguria, northern Italy. Unlike the other localities of the Cinque Terre, Corniglia is not directly adjacent to the sea. Instead, it is on the top of a promontory about 100 meters high, surrounded on three sides by vineyards and terraces and the fourth side descends steeply on the sea. To reach Corniglia, it is necessary to climb the Lardarina, a long brick flight of steps composed of 33 flights with 377 steps or, otherwise follow a vehicular road that, from the station, leads to the village. Sometimes a small buss runs up and down here.

The village stretches along the main road, Fieschi Road, and the houses have one side facing this road and the other facing the sea. Corniglia is characterized by narrow roads and a terrace obtained in the rock from which all other four Cinque Terre's villages, two on one side and two on the other, can be seen. The town planning structure presents also original characteristics compared to those of the other villages: the houses are lower set, and only more recently higher, similar to those of the villages of the hinterland.

Corniglia is mentioned in a famous novella of Giovanni Boccaccio's Decameron.

Butt...NO toilet paper is available!

Oooo, yeah... you had me until you got to the part about the steps. Is there an escalator or something?

Post Thu May 22, 2008 3:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
gracie

You might as well just get some wax paper, it is about the same as TP over there in eye-tally-a

Post Thu May 22, 2008 4:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Notdeadyet

try the toilet paper in Sweden much? omg.
or Yugoslavia..... can you say rag hung on nail...
barffest.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 5:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

Excellent form, even better facial expression.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 6:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
i8tokyo

Heh, henh, henh, henh, that was cool. I would hate for my holio to get polio.

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message
cornman

ahh, corniglia. land of my fore-fathers!

Post Thu May 22, 2008 8:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

All the culture of Italy that you could relay to us and instead you go to "Beavis and Butthead"... that's why we keep coming back Very Happy

- "Bones"

Post Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zendao42

leprrkan wrote:

All the culture of Italy that you could relay to us and instead you go to "Beavis and Butthead"... that's why we keep coming back Very Happy

That & the pie... Cool

Post Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joelibris

Titicaca!!!!!!!!

Post Fri May 23, 2008 4:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: