Christopher Moore Home Page


bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Cornholio!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Mar 2004
Posts: 3833
Location: People Republic of Northern California
Cornholio!  Reply with quote  

A lot of guys get dignity and stuff when they reach my age...

Oh well.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 10:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Amigo



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 2499
 Reply with quote  



Corniglia is a frazione ("fraction") of the commune of Vernazza in the province of La Spezia, Liguria, northern Italy. Unlike the other localities of the Cinque Terre, Corniglia is not directly adjacent to the sea. Instead, it is on the top of a promontory about 100 meters high, surrounded on three sides by vineyards and terraces and the fourth side descends steeply on the sea. To reach Corniglia, it is necessary to climb the Lardarina, a long brick flight of steps composed of 33 flights with 377 steps or, otherwise follow a vehicular road that, from the station, leads to the village. Sometimes a small buss runs up and down here.

The village stretches along the main road, Fieschi Road, and the houses have one side facing this road and the other facing the sea. Corniglia is characterized by narrow roads and a terrace obtained in the rock from which all other four Cinque Terre's villages, two on one side and two on the other, can be seen. The town planning structure presents also original characteristics compared to those of the other villages: the houses are lower set, and only more recently higher, similar to those of the villages of the hinterland.

Corniglia is mentioned in a famous novella of Giovanni Boccaccio's Decameron.

Butt...NO toilet paper is available!

Post Thu May 22, 2008 10:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl



Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Posts: 6412
Location: olympia, wa
 Reply with quote  

heh heh , SHUT UP BEAVIS! Razz
_________________
clowns are people too...people who want to hurt you.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 10:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Notdeadyet



Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Posts: 4056
Location: Midwest
 Reply with quote  

Yeah, but then you'd write novels like James Michener and stuff and we all wouldn't be reading them Shocked
_________________
spread the love,

Post Thu May 22, 2008 10:59 am   View user's profile Send private message
urhangovergirl



Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 705
Location: center of the purple haze
 Reply with quote  

^VERY good point.

dignity is highly overrated.

The only time I ever consider myself a lady is when I have to chose between the ladies and gentlemen bathrooms. If Im gonna be a lady, I need it to be in a place where I can fart freely.
_________________
I will gladly ravage you Tuesday for a ravaging today...

Post Thu May 22, 2008 11:27 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lavandula Girl



Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 1830
Location: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arnold's Court
 Reply with quote  

urhangovergirl wrote:
^VERY good point.

dignity is highly overrated.

The only time I ever consider myself a lady is when I have to chose between the ladies and gentlemen bathrooms. If Im gonna be a lady, I need it to be in a place where I can fart freely.


Heh heh heh heh... you said "fart"....
_________________
"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist."

Post Thu May 22, 2008 1:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
JustAGirl



Joined: 05 Jan 2008
Posts: 2230
Location: North Carolina
 Reply with quote  

Amigo wrote:


Corniglia is a frazione ("fraction") of the commune of Vernazza in the province of La Spezia, Liguria, northern Italy. Unlike the other localities of the Cinque Terre, Corniglia is not directly adjacent to the sea. Instead, it is on the top of a promontory about 100 meters high, surrounded on three sides by vineyards and terraces and the fourth side descends steeply on the sea. To reach Corniglia, it is necessary to climb the Lardarina, a long brick flight of steps composed of 33 flights with 377 steps or, otherwise follow a vehicular road that, from the station, leads to the village. Sometimes a small buss runs up and down here.

The village stretches along the main road, Fieschi Road, and the houses have one side facing this road and the other facing the sea. Corniglia is characterized by narrow roads and a terrace obtained in the rock from which all other four Cinque Terre's villages, two on one side and two on the other, can be seen. The town planning structure presents also original characteristics compared to those of the other villages: the houses are lower set, and only more recently higher, similar to those of the villages of the hinterland.

Corniglia is mentioned in a famous novella of Giovanni Boccaccio's Decameron.

Butt...NO toilet paper is available!


Oooo, yeah... you had me until you got to the part about the steps. Is there an escalator or something?
_________________
Mark it 8, Dude.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 3:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
gracie



Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Posts: 338
 Reply with quote  

You might as well just get some wax paper, it is about the same as TP over there in eye-tally-a
_________________
The best revenge is living well.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 4:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Notdeadyet



Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Posts: 4056
Location: Midwest
 Reply with quote  

try the toilet paper in Sweden much? omg.
or Yugoslavia..... can you say rag hung on nail...
barffest.
_________________
spread the love,

Post Thu May 22, 2008 5:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron



Joined: 03 Aug 2004
Posts: 2570
Location: near Cleveland OH
 Reply with quote  

Excellent form, even better facial expression.
_________________
White and feathery, yet crude and noisy, the chicken is the backbone of our farming community.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 6:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
i8tokyo



Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Posts: 1357
Location: Kansas City
 Reply with quote  

Heh, henh, henh, henh, that was cool. I would hate for my holio to get polio.
_________________
- Anyway, so there I was spittin on my goldfish tryin to keep it alive....

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message
cornman



Joined: 30 Oct 2005
Posts: 821
Location: under the golden gate in a fridge box
 Reply with quote  

ahh, corniglia. land of my fore-fathers!
_________________
~ TCB ~

Post Thu May 22, 2008 8:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan



Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 5089
Location: In the home stretch...
 Reply with quote  

All the culture of Italy that you could relay to us and instead you go to "Beavis and Butthead"... that's why we keep coming back Very Happy
_________________
"Jesus... is NOT a zombie... I shouldn't have to tell you that."

- "Bones"

Post Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zendao42



Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 13570
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy near you
 Reply with quote  

leprrkan wrote:

All the culture of Italy that you could relay to us and instead you go to "Beavis and Butthead"... that's why we keep coming back Very Happy


That & the pie... Cool

Post Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joelibris



Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 7557
Location: Kraptapolis, NC, U. S. of DUH-HUH
 Reply with quote  

Titicaca!!!!!!!!
_________________
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
delusional minority and by the mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Post Fri May 23, 2008 4:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
  Display posts from previous:      
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 
Templates created by Vereor and Ken