bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT  Reply with quote  

Whatchew talkin' bout, Willis?

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Amen Brother, Amen.

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:04 am   
Adeamus

i had no idea any of that stuff was going on...damn...igonorance rules...

i would love to lock George W. in a room, give him letter and find out how many words he doesn't understand...

anyway...try not to let the overwhelming and consistent cruelty of human beings get you down

p.s. i will pay the postage if you send it

"As Willie Sutton the bank robber said when asked why he robbed banks, 'because that's where the money is'."

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:16 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Take care friends. This is how mad they want you to get. Don't fall for it.
And Chris, to think you were shy to speak to Cindy Sheenan.

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vahlee

I think I'm going to have to print this one out and frame it. Thanks Chris for putting it so elloquently Wink

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Once again, Chris, you hit the nail squarely on the head. Your eloquence astounds me as usual. Maybe, though, the bombs should contain laughing gas. Tons of it. Make them laugh till those funky yogurt drinks spurt out their noses. Laughter's contagious. Let it be spread cross the world.

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

And this is why you are my favorite author. Other than Douglas Adams, may he rest in peace.

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jaandlu

Bravo, Chris! You said it like no one else can. It's at moments like these that I am reminded why I come here every single day.

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
knikkki

This might sound dramatic, but that was one of the most powerful things I've ever read. I laughed, I got a tear, I sat dejected, I laughed again, I scowled.

And now I am in dismay. What a crazy crazy crazy world we live in.

I'm so naive. God, I want to believe so badly that people in power can be rational and good and honest. That religions can focus on ... Huh ... Love, or at a minimum ... common decency.

Oh and Chris ... Love the new avatar. I'm going to brood now. (and by that, I don't mean sit on eggs, I mean it the other way. Though if ideas were eggs, I might be sitting on them.)

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
UnimportantLime

Brilliant work, AG.

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Ted J

You forgot one deciding factor in Bush's whole bombing rationale: Do the Nigerians have oil that we want to control? If they do, then bombs away.

Quote:
You need to murder tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, as many as it takes until these people realize that they are behaving like a bunch of dysfunctional douche-nozzles (which is bad).
Have you submitted "douche-nozzle" to FFPF's Swears-u-like game?

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:42 am   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Re: AN OPEN LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT  Reply with quote  

chris wrote:
Whatchew talkin' bout, Willis?

Dude, what's wrong with your head?

That can be addressed to Chris or the President.

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FattyFattyPorkFace

Oh, and...er...can we leave England out of this?

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Catch42

Bravo, Mr. Moore!
I totally agree with everything that you've said! (but the sacastic humor wasn't lost on me as well) I especially admired the last lines of the last paragraph: "everyone will remember that we are all bound together by our humanity, and that at the heart of that humanity is human frailty, for which we must all forgive each other."
Thank you for your humorous take on a very disturbing subject (In my opinion, W. is an pompous ass and has weakened our country and the economy...but I'll be damned if he isn't good at bombing the shit out of stuff..It's time to put those talents to good use!)
CHEERS!

P.S. - I gots ta' get me sum o' those Southern Baptist killer robots from Ebay!

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
chris
Site Admin

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Oh, and...er...can we leave England out of this?

I was just referring to the protests, FFPF. Not to worry, we hardly ever bomb England.

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: