bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

The Kindle Blog Interview Comments
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chris
Site Admin

The Kindle Blog Interview Comments  Reply with quote  

Kay.

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
deb

here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK1HB86BLKZPL8U

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
leprrkan

Why the heck do you own a tux?

- "Bones"

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mllefifi

leprrkan wrote:

What else would you think the AG wears when he's working out at the gym?

Geeze... Wink

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
leprrkan

* DOH *, I shoulda known Laughing Laughing

- "Bones"

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrEMann

He owns the tux to wear while watching Eddie Izzard and reading Mil Millington (yeah, at the same friggin time).

Very Happy

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Great interview. I just wrote an incredibly humourous reply where I answered some of the questions and reinterpreted your 'lack of "new" funny writers' comment to mean that us board denizens need to finish our hysterical masterpiece's more quickly, but my stupid work firewall managed to erase the whole thing, so now you get this instead.

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chris
Site Admin

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Great interview. I just wrote an incredibly humourous reply where I answered some of the questions and reinterpreted your 'lack of "new" funny writers' comment to mean that us board denizens need to finish our hysterical masterpiece's more quickly, but my stupid work firewall managed to erase the whole thing, so now you get this instead.

Jeff. I just sort of quoted you in the afterward of my new book. Talking about how, yes, the English hate the French, but they don't want anyone else to hate them. "They're ours" I believe you said. I don't mention you by name, however, lest you get tracked down and beaten to death by frogs.

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

leprrkan wrote:

Because I did a month-long lecture cruise on a ship a few years ago and I had to wear a tux to dinner every third day or so. It was that kind of cruise. It was easy for me: a tux, a few shirts, some cufflinks, I was good to go. Charlee had to buy a whole shitload of evening gowns, not one that she's worn since then.

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Notdeadyet

That whole part at the beginning was creepily eerie...
except that I have 3.7 kids and don't work in trauma or as a nurse anymore...
So hey I am the average fan!! COOL!

But that other thing, about thinking no one else ever heard of you.... All my nurse friends assumed I had heard of you and read you...

I don't know what this means...

Why are you not taking Charlee places she can wear her dresses? Sheesh, you have a tux already.... Rolling Eyes

AND I think "Shakespeare" would enjoy her banana smoothie!
I have to go put tinfoil on my head now. Cool

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

chris wrote:

Jeff. I just sort of quoted you in the afterward of my new book. Talking about how, yes, the English hate the French, but they don't want anyone else to hate them. "They're ours" I believe you said. I don't mention you by name, however, lest you get tracked down and beaten to death by frogs.

Excellent news - those damn French know where every englishman resides so if they knew what I had said...well, just know that if I disappear from these parts, I may have fallen foul of a frog.

It is true though - only we're allowed to hate on the French, everyone else, back the fuck off, they're ours, we have history.

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mllefifi

Chris, I'm glad you like Jennifer Saunders and Dawn French. Although I can't keep up with pop culture or current movies well enough to catch everything that they are spoofing, their skits about those things are entertaining.

Their Gone with the Wind takeoff is as classic as Carol Burnett's.

I have all the current French & Saunders DVDs. (Well, duh, considering my current avatar.) Only one DVD set of Absolutely Fabulous, though.

The complete Vicar of Dibley DVD set is on my Amazon wishlist. I want that as much as the complete "bouquet" of Keeping Up Appearances.

I like also As Time Goes By, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Lenny Henry (Dawn French's husband), etc.

Okay. Enough about me. Let's talk about Klari, or some more about Chris' tuxedo!

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
walk

i think klari would LOVE fawlty towers! (the british one of course)
and who the hell is hatin on the whales? (besides splatt of course Rolling Eyes )
and ag, you could always correct your agent and let 'em know that orcas are dolphins not true whales and thusly totally book worthy. Cool

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Taco Bob

Maybe it's because I'm a mite tard after a full day of catching sea monsters out in the middle of the ocean, but when I read this just now...

Quote:
I want to do another whale book and hang out with the killer whale guys (they’ve invited me to hang out), but my agent keeps telling me not to do it because people hate whales, so that has to wait until he has a heart attack.

...I about hurt myself laughing. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

walk wrote:
i think klari would LOVE fawlty towers! (the british one of course) [...]

Is there another one?

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: