Christopher Moore Home Page

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

OMG! I'm a Genius! A Dirty Job Interview...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.
OMG! I'm a Genius! A Dirty Job Interview...  Reply with quote  

Great interview, AG. I like feeling special when you talk about the Moorons. I especially like the quote, "Maybe I could be, comic Pope. (Some of my readers are starting to refer to themselves as Moorons. That would be a cool name for a church, right? The Church of Latter Day Smart Asses?) A guy has to have ambition." I'd join.

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chris
Site Admin

Funny thing, Clayton goes on about my legions of fans and stuff. He comes to my signings at Tattered Cover in Denver, where we get like 300 people and things get a little out of hand sometimes. I think if he'd see me talking to thirty people in Monterey or something he might describe my fan base differently.

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

chris wrote:
Funny thing, Clayton goes on about my legions of fans and stuff. He comes to my signings at Tattered Cover in Denver, where we get like 300 people and things get a little out of hand sometimes. I think if he'd see me talking to thirty people in Monterey or something he might describe my fan base differently.
Or you should just direct him here. ^_^

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chris
Site Admin

Lukaret wrote:
chris wrote:
Or you should just direct him here. ^_^

I would, but then he'd be all, "Can you believe the tongue on that girl?! I'll bet an all day sucker only last her five minutes.I'll bet when she lick a stamp it beg for mercy. I'll bet when she sleep with her mouth open the cat sleeps on her tongue. I heard she got her tongue stuck on some ice in the freezer one time, and the Jaws of Life died trying to get her out. I heard that when she flys, the flight attendant says, "In the event of an emergency, Lukaret will stick her tongue out the window and everyone can slide to safety."

I knew he'd say those things, and that would be disrespectful, so I didn't send him here Smile

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lukaret

chris wrote:
I would, but then he'd be all, "Can you believe the tongue on that girl?! I'll bet an all day sucker only last her five minutes.I'll bet when she lick a stamp it beg for mercy. I'll bet when she sleep with her mouth open the cat sleeps on her tongue. I heard she got her tongue stuck on some ice in the freezer one time, and the Jaws of Life died trying to get her out. I heard that when she flys, the flight attendant says, "In the event of an emergency, Lukaret will stick her tongue out the window and everyone can slide to safety."

I knew he'd say those things, and that would be disrespectful, so I didn't send him here Smile
Disrespectful, yes, but I would laugh my ass off and show my friends. ^_~

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ansky

That was a great interview...

Favorite quote:
One of the things I tried to do in Lamb was show that at the heart of every faith is the precept that we all share a divine spark, a holy ghost, a god within, and if we recognize that as what unites us in humanity, it's more difficult to draw these phenomenally stupid lines in the sand over cartoons, or music, or evolution, or women's rights. Either you believe that God is infinite, or you do not. The trouble comes when men try to put their god in a box. It is always an act of arrogance, of petty egoism, to do so.

I'm really Jonesin' for Dirty Job now!

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Vahlee

Awesome. Very Happy

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
UnimportantLime

This interview is HUGE. I'll have to read it in shifts!

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Sean

(Some of my readers are starting to refer to themselves as Moorons. That would be a cool name for a church, right? The Church of Latter Day Smart Asses?)

Laughing

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
y

Chris wrote:
OMG! I'm a Genius! ...
Duh...why else would we all gather here? Rolling Eyes

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message
UnimportantLime

Yes, Chris, you really are a genius. I especially enjoyed the whole thing about why people that practice religions can be... scary. Good work. You the man.

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
JulieB

I have to agree with everyone else. It's a great article and I think that your loyalty to your fan base is incredible. Bravo!

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

Sean wrote:
(Some of my readers are starting to refer to themselves as Moorons. That would be a cool name for a church, right? The Church of Latter Day Smart Asses?)
I prefer to think of myself as the Once and Future Smartass.

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kianu

I love the insider feeling of an inside joke.
I can't wait for everyone to read ADJ so we can dish.

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Ah, to have one up on the AG feels good for I have been immersed in the rhetorical comedy of England and the surrounding peoples for 28 years. Ah ha!

Now if only I understood what the hell that meant...

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: