Christopher Moore Home Page

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

CM DOES NOT READ
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
JulieB

CM DOES NOT READ  Reply with quote  

LMAO! Smile We know that he does not read. Let us contemplate that aspect of his personality. Why is it that he does not read?

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JulieB

BTW, his not reading turned out pretty damn funny. Let us hope that he continues his "not" reading, readings. Smile

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lib

Chris, that was great reading! Thank you...Lib

Here, have a donut -

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

Lib... don't tempt me with that! <333 *drool*

Anywho, for a non-reader, that was funny and informative at the same time. <3 Rant on, AG, rant on.

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ginjg

I just read it to my husband. And he LHAO

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
FattyFattyPorkFace

I don't get it...so do you fucking read or not? Geez, some people are so cryptic!

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
knikkki

This made me laugh really hard.

I thought when I wrote the book, that it was understood,
at least tacitly,
that a reader would be provided,

And the part about staring at your bald spot.

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Klari

Okay, I laughed my ass off but felt kinda creeped out at the same time.

Julie, Chris doesn't read aloud from his own books because he claims he sucks at it. I guess he can read notes that he makes for himself but reading word for word is different. Hang on, let me check my Lamb Tour Audio for his precise words on the subject.

"I read too fast and I edit on the fly and the verbs end up on the end and it's like a bad translation of German."

Dat's whut de man say on de Lamb tour. In Seattle. I believe at the University Bookstore. I think. What do I know, I was probably stuck in a hotel room in Redding at the time (I was a on road trip with the fam, wait, why is this becoming about me?)

Ha-Ha. I bet Chris did not know I'd pull up the audio and quote him years later when he put this on his website.

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:16 am   View user's profile Send private message
DanaMichelle

Chris, I knew you'd handle that situation with grace and decorum. But why did you have your underwear in your pocket?

Is it possible to tell us how the audience (or the management) reacted to your not reading?

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ansky

Before reading that I was just annoyed (and disappointed) that I got rear-ended on my way to the non-reading... Now, I'd like to get a hold of the guy who did it. I'd shove a copy of AG's essay in his face and force him to read it -- aloud, in public, preferably with sound systems recording it. I know he'd really appreciate what pain he caused me then.

(10 years ago I would have wanted to beat the crap out of him, but I don't get in fights anymore... I've lost a step or two, so my approach of strike a surprise blow and run has been seriously degraded...)

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:25 am   View user's profile Send private message
JennyO

Chris, you can not read to me any time. You are the funniest man on the planet.

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Brenda

Audience reaction  Reply with quote  

You could tell who in the crowd was there for Chris (many people I think) because we tended to group together at the wedding style tables (complete with wedding cake.) As Chris didn't read there were pockets of people falling over with laughter while there were others looking around somewhat confused. Like did they wandered into the wrong event, a Daily Show taping perhaps? It was priceless and enhanced the effect.

B

Last edited by Brenda on Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
y

Very Happy As usual, thanks for making me smile. I needed that.

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:37 am   View user's profile Send private message
mandi

Historic AG Reading  Reply with quote  

chris, thanks so much for posting! it was because I asked, right?! huh huh?! it's all ME, right?!

and fwiw, i thought you did a fine job Reading. you converted at least one person at my table. despite the bear thing. hee.

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:07 am   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Very fine, Chris, very fine. I especially liked the page turn. Smile

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: