Christopher Moore Home Page

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Determined Idiot...The Bright Side
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Joelibris

Determined Idiot...The Bright Side  Reply with quote  

Well, at least there's only 2 1/2 years left for him to fuck things up; before he's outta office and swimming in those piles of oil money he's made from causing oil prices to be inflated( Yes, when the Arabs jack their oil prices to $70 a barrel, so does Texas.). Then we can get a dem. prez in office to spend his 2 terms cleaning this shit up, while the Neo-cons (God loves Smog!) preach about how he (or she) is morally corrupting the country.

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nibbler99

Thank you Chris…for venting so eloquently. It’s an abomination, let alone an embarrassment, to think this jackass is our President. And what scares me more is that he has just 2 ˝ years left in Office. With him, and his merry band of idiots, touting Syria and Iran left and right I dread to think what more he will do.

Thanks for the Adams blog too. Very funny, and I live in Chicago.

Keep cool everybody. Wink

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:08 am   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

OK, now seriously, why again don't we have grounds to impeach this insane MF?

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

Now added to Chris' rant should be the awkward groping of the German Chancellor (a female). She was seated at the table and GWB was walking to his chair. He stopped behind her and put his hands on her shoulders as though to give a brief massage. She reacted and cringed away from him. He put his hands on her. Like a fratboy greeting. WTF?

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mllefifi

deb wrote:
[...] She reacted and cringed away from him. He put his hands on her. Like a fratboy greeting. WTF?

Maybe he mistook her for Jeff Gannon? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by mllefifi on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
deb

I have no idea who Mike Gannon is or what he has to do with either the Chancellor or President Bush. Actually, I don't know what this statement means at all.

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mllefifi

deb wrote:
I have no idea who Mike Gannon is or what he has to do with either the Chancellor or President Bush. Actually, I don't know what this statement means at all.

Sorry, Deb. It was my idea of a lame joke. Here's the Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gannon

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beta Male Mike

It's really sad to reflect on how much the Bush Administration has fucked up the world. And it just keeps on going and going and going.......like the evil energized bunny. Instead of a big drum and sticks, the bunny is holding the earth between two giant electric cow prods.

In the wise words of Talib Kweli, "The President is Bush, the Vice Presidents a Dick, So a whole lot of fucking is what were gonna get"

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:58 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb

sorry. JEFF gannon. Either way.

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LostInWalmart

Yo, Board!  Reply with quote  

Apparently (and this is from the BBC) Prez Bush greeted Prime Minister Blair with "Yo, Blair. How are you doing?" Seriously "Yo, Blair"? If I greeted my wife that way....hell to pay.

In answer to the impeachment question, you'd need a majority of the House and a semen-stained dress. The coming (sorry) election should take care of the first requirement, and Angela Merkel may be able to take care of the second. Fingers crossed here.

LIW

BBC Link http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/5195064.stm

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:26 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Please take the time to contact your representative, asking them to override Bush's veto. You can find your representative's home page by following this link: http://www.house.gov/

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Lib wrote:
Please take the time to contact your representative, asking them to override Bush's veto. You can find your representative's home page by following this link: http://www.house.gov/

From what I understand, it's the Senate that is lacking votes to override, not the House.

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LostInWalmart

If you want to get all activist and put your mouth where your heart is (or some other mixed metaphor) -

Here are Yays and Nays from the House of Representatives vote on HR 810, the House Bill on Stem Cell Research that was approved in May: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2005/roll204.xml

AND

Here are the Yays and Nays from the Senate vote on HR810: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=00206

I believe that both the House and Senate need a two-thirds majority to override President Douchebag's veto. That's 66 votes in the Senate and 285 votes in the House.

* The House vote was 238-194, so 47 minds have to be changed.

* The Senate vote was 63-37, so only 3 minds have to be changed.

SPECIAL SECTION FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT:

* Find your Representative: http://www.house.gov/writerep/

* Find your Senator: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

-----

These people theoretically work for us, so feel free to go apeshit on these bastards if they voted against, and let them know you support them if they voted in favor, and that they will pay if they change their votes now.

Uh, not that I have an opinion either way, of course.

LIW

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Yes, both have to override the veto. Thanks for the additional info, LIW.

BTW, it was very difficult not to say something in my emails to my representatives and senators about what an idiot the President is.

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Coming back to the whole abortion/stem cell/life begins at conception arguement...

(er - warning - Sgt. Steve is going to wax political for a bit . . . )

Usually I nod sagely and change the subject when right to lifers tell me that human life begins at conception or that if it has the potential to be a human, it's human. But once in a while the dumbfucks (blessed are the dumbfucks - not) manage to push my button hard enough that they get a response. A lot of it Chris already said, so I'm not repeating those parts. But here's some of the rhetorical points I like to beat them about the head and shoulders with, courtesy the Socratic method:

"So you believe that once conception has occurrd, a soul is present and there is a human being involved?"
    "Yes." (they always answer Yes to that one)
    "And you firmly believe that."
    "Yes."
    "You act in accordance with that in your day to day life."
    "Yes."
    "You treat every fertilized egg as a human being in every way."
    "Yes."
    "It is not just protoplasm, it's a baby."
    "Yes."
    "What do you think of a person who'd flush a dead baby down a toilet, or bury it in the backyard?"
    [they say they think it's criminal]
    "Do you have a funeral for a miscarriage?"
And at that point, the conversation either grinds to a sudden stop, or they start desperately trying to backpedal.

Because the truth is, these people [i]don't[/b] believe that every fertilized egg is a full human being. They don't treat a miscarriage as the same as a stillborn child. But they either can't admit it, or they can't admit that they're hypocritical about it.

For what it's worth, the above conversation can make you really unpopular at a family reunion in southern Indiana.

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: