Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

The Scar

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Brenda

The Scar  Reply with quote  

Hey Chris, have you read Perdido Street Station yet? The imagery is so vivid it stays with you for a while

I think someone on the board saw Mieville read when Perdido came out but I'm not sure.

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chris
Site Admin

Yep. The Bug-faced woman kind of freaked me out.

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

I tried to read Perdido but the bug thing grossed me out. I intend to try it again. I've heard such good things about this guy, I want to get past the bug creeping me out. I really hate bugs though.

I think Suetu saw Mieville sometime last year maybe.

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mister

Seriously, Perdido is not for arachnophobics. The Weaver all kinds of freaked me out.

Though it is a great book. His background in anthropology is apparent in his cultural detail.

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hillary

King Rat showed up yesterday.

*shaking groove thang*

Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sean

I just started Perdido Street Station yesterday. I think I need to pick up a dictionary for this one. I always thought I had a decent vocabulary but I'm being put to shame with this one.

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:08 am   View user's profile Send private message
Q

"King Rat" remains my favorite.
and the second has all of the fun.

--Analytics of Five

Post Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: