Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Better late than never

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nallard

Better late than never  Reply with quote  

So I guess I committed a slight faux pas by not introducing myself. I am here to correct that.

I am 30 and single. My avatar represents the bleak loneliness inside of me. My signature is an accurate description of everything that is going on in my head. I would say that I'm pretty liberal, though not nearly as liberal as my father.

I joined the Army when I was 21 and got a medical discharge when I was 29 (and just when I was about to get promoted to E-7). The 1st Ranger Bat at Hunter Army Airfield in Georgia was where I was stationed for my 8 years. I hate Georgia (sorry anyone from those parts), but Hunter was nice because they give us the best of everything. When I joined I never expected to make the Army my career, but against my better judgement I fell in love with it.

Now I am trying my hand at writing a novel because I've always loved writing and at the risk of sounding immodest, I think I can make a go of it. In the mean time I've been helping my father open his dream store and acclimating to civilian life (not an easy task let me tell you, nobody does what I say anymore!). My one great skill is that I can make myself cry on demand, but I don't see much of a career there. I love Twizzlers and am suspicious of anyone who doesn't. Any questions about me feel free to ask away. Thanks,

Me

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message
gailellen

I prefer Red Vines to Twislers, but Welcome anyway!

MySpace

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

Twizzlers are like wax...yucky. Chewing on lightly flavoured candles. No thanks.

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goudron

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Twizzlers are like wax...yucky. Chewing on lightly flavoured candles. No thanks.

:O BLASPHEMER! Candles are much more crumbly. Unless you prefer chewing on them while slightly molten. Are you some sort of hot-candle-eating demon disguised as an Englishman in Detroit??

I'm a Dee-ee-mon
I'm a little Dee-ee-mon
ButIlooklikean Englishman in De-troit

PS welcome Nallard. Took you long enough Razz

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joelibris

Being in the military, I bet the following noise won't make you jump a bit...

<<<SNAP!!!>>>

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nallard

Ha ha, it's funny you should post that. I was walking down the street this morning and I heard a tire pop. I felt adrenaline flood into my system. I wonder if I'll have any adverse reactions to the fireworks? I doubt it. I've been in combat many times and even the firing range never bothered me, but then again I was never injured before.

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Errrr, nallard? That was the latex glove snap for your nOOb body cavity search.

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lib

Glad you joined the boardello, nallard. I've enjoyed your posts.

Don't mind Joelibris, he just likes to snap the gloves.

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Lib wrote:
Glad you joined the boardello, nallard. I've enjoyed your posts.

Don't mind Joelibris, he just likes to snap the gloves.

Yup. Makes the tension higher...

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Naked and Famous

Hi nallard! Thanks for sharing a little more about yourself. Haven't you been here awhile already, like five months? Your posts have been great and entertaining so far.

Post Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

I'm glad you posted an introductory page at least.

LOL JOE!!

Well I've been single a whole year now, and I'm proud of myself.

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Curly

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere where I was raised. My only problem is when the monsters are out.

Ha! I've been single all my life!

Welcome Nallard!

No using my books.

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Klari

Yeah, Curly, all 15 years of it. And likely to stay that way with the kind of girls that come after ya... Twisted Evil

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:38 am   View user's profile Send private message
Curly

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere where I was raised. My only problem is when the monsters are out.

I wouldn't suggest talking about that sister... if u know what i mean. Twisted Evil

And some great girls are coming after me at camp. Wink

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: