Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

You Lying Bastards!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JulieB

Wow  Reply with quote  

I have not been here in a while and now it is down to pedophiles and war? Go figure. Wink

Umm, CM you know that in order to get attention on MySpace you had to be under 15 years of age. You posted an age older then that! What in g(G)od's name were you thinking?

Hehe. Most employers in Government and big Corporations now block MySpace. So, do not feel bad. They blocked you so that their employees would go back to work. Think about that! Very Happy

Err, the other shit? I am too stressed out to talk about. BTW, enjoyed your spider story. I actually plant extra plants for my bugs. I have been busy with my garden, canning and remodeling my son's bathroom. Of course, I did not make my self extra busy while my son was gone. Why would I do that? I am supposed to relax. Right?

Spiders in the house get carried out if possible. Wolf spiders with babies on their backs freak me out and usually get killed. I apologize to them and feel okay with it considering that I have millions of them in my yard. I have been bit three times now. They are not bad bites. But it can be an aggravation and some people develop an allergy. I plan on keeping them in the yard but NOT in my house. Darn it! If only they would listen to me. Nevermind. Shocked

Carry on.

Julie

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LostInWalmart

Goudron wrote:
...a slippery slope down to prosticide...

I am SO stealing the term Prosticide. Not sure how it's going to fit into a wholesome children's book, but dammit, I'll try.

LIW

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:49 am   View user's profile Send private message
Tal

Yes but have you ever ganked an orc who is trying to gank an NightElf?

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Aubie

Oh, no, the burger comment owned me!

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goudron

LostInWalmart wrote:
Goudron wrote:
...a slippery slope down to prosticide...

I am SO stealing the term Prosticide. Not sure how it's going to fit into a wholesome children's book, but dammit, I'll try.

LIW

I thought of how to fit it into a Dick and Jane book, but I feel evil for thinking it.

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Naked and Famous

If it makes you feel any better it only took a day for me to get a marriage proposal, and a few really perverted sexual invitations on my space. So, it isn't a lie. You just have to be a 40 year old semi-attractive woman who looks like they would be a good wife.

Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:56 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb

Naked and Famous wrote:
If it makes you feel any better it only took a day for me to get a marriage proposal, and a few really perverted sexual invitations on my space. So, it isn't a lie. You just have to be a 40 year old semi-attractive woman who looks like they would be a good wife.

Only things like this I've ever gotten have been from Nikk....I feel dirty.

Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Click

Technology doesn't lie....only politicians lie. I can always tell. Their mouth is open.

I, believe it or not, Ripley, have never even been to myspace.com. Why? Simply because I have zero interest in the techno-hype around it. I am more concerned with the fact that people actually believe what is shown to them on the news and the computer. We have created an entire generation of mindless robots and wonder why they are so stupid? For years nothing but government hogwash has been taught in the classrooms of each and every public school. Now we expect people to think? Lets be realistic here. If you want people to think, then take the government out of education. Get real teachers. Pay them to teach. And you will have kids that can actually use critical thinking and have imagination. Our schools have killed it. To paraphrase Bones "It's dead, Jim." I fight a constant battle with kids that believe television is real...for that matter, so do my co-workers. They actually believe that Despirate Housewives is real. They believe that the Batchelor and Batchelorettes are all real. When I say "they are actors!" I get blank stares. So why shouldn't our kids be as stupid?

I blame my anger on the Road Runner. If he had just let Wylie Coyote catch him...just once.....maybe the world would be a better place....but then....there is always Popeye. You know. We shouldn't make fun of the disadvantaged. Poor guy. One good eye and addicted to spinach. I bet, if we show only Teletubbies to our kids, they will grow up as nice normal people......I also have a bridge in Manhattan I can sell you real cheap.

Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Beta Male Mike

I consider myself nonviolent. When I gently relocate little critters outside my home, my tool of choose is the state of the art Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, which I bought at the Peta website. (No this is not an endorsment for Peta. I don't really agree with all of Peta's methods, though I do have a thing for the protesting naked chicks. I mean naked woman, in case you mistake my heterosexuality for beastiality.) It's a great upgrade from the Cool Whip container I used before.

Anyway... I think every living being should have the right to live happily. But when it comes to the virtual world of books, games, movies etc., I like my entertainment chuck full of sex and violence. Don't get me wrong, I have been satisfied by entertainment without violence and sex (Actually, I can't think of any at the moment. Tom and Jerry was violent. My favorite childhood game, Screwball Scramble, had that alligater waiting in the pond to eat my silver balls if they dropped. Even the Bible has its moments of sex and violence.) What is a story without conflict?...Boring.

In reality, I hate drama. I might indulge in sick fucked up violent entertainment, but I have never been influenced or wished to commit those sick fucked up actions in real life. At least not yet...AAAAH HA HA HA HE HE! (I can't say I never wished to reenact some of the sex I've seen in entertainment, as long as it's healthy and mutual. Practice safe sex kids.)

I suppose some people have a hard time drawing a line between fantasy and reality. A person with this condition may need some psychological help and, if aware of their condition, to filter certain entertainment they take in. But when individuals or groups of society start blaming Marylin Manson or Grand Theft Auto for terrible crimes committed, that to me is just foolish. If that is the case, to me it would seem more justifialbe to blame "War President" George W. Bush and his administration for the influence of crimes that take place around the world.

Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Naked and Famous wrote:
\

Yeah, those were from me. Sorry.

Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
knikkki

deb wrote:
Naked and Famous wrote:

Only things like this I've ever gotten have been from Nikk....I feel dirty.

Embarassed

Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

Well, I'm sure the molesters are there, they're just using their ninja skills to observe you. XD

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thom

So what's the link to your Myspace page anyway? I tried the Search function there and it turns out that the Myspace Search function actually sucks bowevils. Why it would do such a thing, I couldn't say.

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Thom wrote:
So what's the link to your Myspace page anyway? I tried the Search function there and it turns out that the Myspace Search function actually sucks bowevils. Why it would do such a thing, I couldn't say.
http://www.myspace.com/theauthorguy

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jillybeans

Twisted Evil Uh. Chris. 45? I would've gone younger for you. Twisted Evil I thought only women did that. Now you've got to tell us how old you are on 9/19.

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:43 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: