Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Going on Vacation

What should I do at the beach?
Buy airbrushed Tupac/Biggie RIP sleeveless shirt
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Be obnoxiously competitive when playing Miniature Golf
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Be "Wears a T-Shirt While Swimming" guy
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Continuously comment to wife about skimpiness of outfits on trashy chicks
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Answer every question with "Life's a Beach" then laugh
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Try to relive college debauchery then spend night in bathroom yelling at toilet
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Point to all redneck guys in cutoff jeans and say to wife "There's yoiur boyfriend"
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LostInWalmart

Going on Vacation  Reply with quote  

I know this is terribly short notice, but I will be on vacation as of C.O.B. today. Please increase your own personal level of snarkiness to make up for my absence until my triumphant and sunburned return on August 21st. Oh, and my birthday is the 16th, so I expect a board-party on that day (I'll be 39).

I will be spending one glorious day at the beach, and then 5 more in a near-comatose state as I recover from traumatic UV skin poisoning and/or jellyfish bites. Pray for me.

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:22 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lynn

I was torn, but I think I made the right decision. Have fun at the beach.

Do you realize that you get back from vacation just in time to get a couple of weeks of work in before coming out to SF? Did you plan it that way?

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

I wanted to vote for all the choices. Laughing Have a good time and HB in advance! We'll have pie in your honor.

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alan

Where's the all of the above choice?

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 am   View user's profile Send private message
LostInWalmart

I added All of the Above but it didn't show up. Either that or I'm already on vacation, and screwed it up. Believe me, it kills me that there's even a typo in there.

Leave me alone, I'm packing. Wink

LIW

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:42 am   View user's profile Send private message
Katy O

Jellyfish don't bite -- they sting. Then you pee on it to make it feel better. Makes for an interesting day at the beach, especially if you do the peeing openly....

Have fun, wear your SPF200 with Parsol 1789.

Of course, you know there won't be any pie left when you return.

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:24 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
suetu

So, which beach?

All my childhood summer vacations were spent in Ocean City, MD. I went back years later, after having lived in Boston and San Diego. I'd spent time in Cape Cod, Martha's Vinyard, Nantucket, Cape Ann, La Jolla, Del Mar, Catalina, etc. I could not believe how incredibly white-trash Ocean City is! And it was all I knew growing up, aside from forays to Rehobeth and other nearby areas.

As an adult, when I'm back home, I really enjoy day trips out to the Chesapeake Bay area. It's closer, and there are some charming towns.

Finally, if you get into trouble, the mayor of Dewey Beach is a releative of mine. Cool

Have a great vacation, and let me be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday!

Susan

http://inoneeyeouttheother.blogspot.com/

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
knikkki

Yeah ... which beach?

Your poor wife. Wink

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

Ocean City.

Yeah, I know.

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

I haven't been to OC for years. We gravitated to the Outer Banks about 25 years ago and never looked back. But growing up, it was Fenwick Island pre-high-rise, where we rented a cottage on the beach. I think my parents stopped going there after we had to evacuate because of a hurricane when I was 2 or 3. My memories come from pictures and home movies. A particularly fine one has my grandmother sitting on a towel under an umbrella in her regular dress and granny shoes. Priceless. Then we did Ocean City for years. I don't do much beaching these days, but if I had my druthers, I'd go for Florida's Gulf Coast.

We want photos LIW!

Last edited by Sara Leigh on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mllefifi

Have a good vacation, LIW!

I'll take this opportunity to piggy-back on your thread a little bit; I'll be off on vacation beginning tomorrow up to New Hampshire. The plan is to set up camp (literally) at a campsite near Berlin and make day-trips to sundry places, including that province called Maine and maybe Quebec.

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LostInWalmart

And so I'm back  Reply with quote  

Well, that was fun.

Two Toddlers At The Beach would make a good horror story. All-in-all a good time was had by most, overpriced trinkets were purchased and given reverently as gifts, several more boxes of salt water taffy were liberated from the seaside, and no one was sunburned or stung by a jellyfish.

I did unfortunately pick up a gigantic horseshoe crab, thereby causing incredible emotional trauma to my 7 year old niece who will now never enter the water again. Ever. Great uncle-ing there.

Did NOT get drunk, purchase Tupac/Biggie shirt, make fun of rednecks (sorry Palmer) or trashy chicks. Played not one round of miniature golf and went bare-chested into the water, to the horror of all who witnessed. In fact, other than that I caused little to no embarassment to myself or those related to me.

So now I'm back to 4 thousand emails, and a few minor emergencies at work. Was also in a car accident this morning (fuck him...he knows who he is). First, however, I have to read everything I missed on the board.

Missed you all bunches.

LIW (<---do you pronounce this Ell-Eye-Double-Yoo, or LOO? The name's Bill)

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:34 am   View user's profile Send private message
Katy O

Wow, I've been pronouncing it as 'Bill' all along! Shocked

Horseshoe crabs are creepy. My brothers found a dead one when I was a kid and mounted it on a board covered with red velvet. When we moved to Texas, I don't think anyone believed us.

Salt water taffy? That stuff will pull the teeth right out of your head.

When I went to OC, I got a t-shirt that said, "I lurned a lot in skool to day', but it was okay because I was 8. My brother feel asleep in the sand and was mistaken for a lobster for the rest of the week.

All in all, it sounds like a great vacation and we're glad to have you back. Oh, BTW, Palmer's gone, so you don't have to apologize for the redneck thing.

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:04 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Goudron

I missed this until now. I would have picked the T-Shirt thing, but the damage is already done. I pronounce it "LostInWalmart."

Bill looks complicated and hard to say. Buh... eye... lala? Buh-eye-lala
Bylala. Not so bad I guess.

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: