Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Hey Newbies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tarty

Quote:
Well, a Google search for "wanghanese" points right back to this thread.

Ahhhhhh! I've been Googled!

Post Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
demophobe

INTRO

I guess I haven't really done this yet.

I am still trying to get used to the format of this board so I've posted here there and everywhere but haven't really done an intro. I don't like using internet lingo, but I'm going to see how much of it I can cram into my intro while simultaneously making it next to impossible to understand:

I'm a 32 y/o WOHM married to a 34 y/o SAHD (yes, of course he's a beta). We have a DS 11, DS 8, and DD 6 who we HS (or US if you want to get more specific).

I've been with my husband since I was 17 years old and EGADS we are still happy together. How sickening is that?

That about covers it. Oh, and we have a LOT of pets, but I can't come up with any clever acronyms for them so here's a regular, plain old, run of the mill list:

cats, dogs, guinea pig, leopard gecko, rats, snake, and fish

The first CM book I read was The Stupidest Angel. The last CM book I read was A Dirty Job. I've read all the others in between there somewhere.

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:11 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
demophobe

Tarty wrote:
Quote:
Well, a Google search for "wanghanese" points right back to this thread.

Ahhhhhh! I've been Googled!

By the way, that would make a GREAT caption for your picture (which I must say is hilarious).

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:13 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tarty

Quote:
By the way, that would make a GREAT caption for your picture (which I must say is hilarious).

He he

Thanks. I'm a budding (read: wannabe) photog and a Flickr addict. One group there, of which I am a member, issued a challange for everyone to take a self-portrait with a bowl on one's head. I went one further and added the clown glasses. (and I also took a hilarious photo of my better half with a huge bucket on his head). Flickr is a lot of fun and a great way to showcase your photos--even if you're not a pro.

Last edited by Tarty on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tarty

Quote:
I'm a 32 y/o WOHM married to a 34 y/o SAHD (yes, of course he's a beta). We have a DS 11, DS 8, and DD 6 who we HS (or US if you want to get more specific).I'm a 32 y/o WOHM married to a 34 y/o SAHD (yes, of course he's a beta). We have a DS 11, DS 8, and DD 6 who we HS (or US if you want to get more specific).

Ok, I figured out the DD and DS, but I must be behind the times because I have no idea what WOHM, SAHD, and HS mean...

Quote:

cats, dogs, guinea pig, leopard gecko, rats, snake, and fish

Very cool. I also have a python and a few rats (a 4 week old on my shoulder right now). So, you must understand how one can have rats and a snake as pets at the same time.

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

WOHM - Working Outside the Home Mom(?)

SAHD - Stay At Home Dad

This reminds me of the adoption bulletin board where there is a 4 acronym minimum for every post.

LIW

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:58 am   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

LostInWalmart wrote:

SAHD - Stay At Home Dad

This reminds me of the adoption bulletin board where there is a 4 acronym minimum for every post.

LIW

Now, I'm really freaked out, cause I had guessed what those were.
And seeing a confirmation in front of me, tells me I've been spending
way too much time on line. Embarassed

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Alex Miller

I'm not too good at the biography thing. I'm married. 30. Male. I live in California's Central Valley. I like to read, cook, work and take as many naps as possible. Not really in that order either. I work for an after school program. We have two cats, a brother, a sister-in-law and maybe a dog(soon). I'm also active in Big Brothers/Big Sisters.

I discovered Chris when listening to NPR one day and heard about Lamb. Then I went to work and a coworker was reading it. So I was sold. I have read all his books except The Stupidest Angel. Lamb is my favorite.

My favorite book is 1984

My second favorite movie is They Live. I love cheesy horror.

The greatest makeout song ever is I Want You To Want Me.

That's about all I know right now. Oh...and I also enjoy a fine cheese.

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
demophobe

Tarty wrote:
Quote:
I'm a 32 y/o WOHM married to a 34 y/o SAHD (yes, of course he's a beta). We have a DS 11, DS 8, and DD 6 who we HS (or US if you want to get more specific).I'm a 32 y/o WOHM married to a 34 y/o SAHD (yes, of course he's a beta). We have a DS 11, DS 8, and DD 6 who we HS (or US if you want to get more specific).

Ok, I figured out the DD and DS, but I must be behind the times because I have no idea what WOHM, SAHD, and HS mean...

As some others already pointed out, WOHM is work outside the home mom, and SAHD is stay at home dad. HS is homeschool and US is unschool.

Personally I can't stand the acronyms and emoticons. I don't really know why, I just don't like them.

And yes, I do understand having a snake and rats. We have a corn snake - my daughter wanted a snake for her birthday last year and we'd never had one so we figured what the heck. She was turning 5 that year. She says it's her favorite of all our pets, though the guinea pig is a close second.

Funny thing is, I've threatened to feed the dogs to the snake, but never the rats. Hmmm.

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
demophobe

LostInWalmart wrote:

SAHD - Stay At Home Dad

LIW

You got 'em.

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
demophobe

Alex Miller wrote:

My second favorite movie is They Live. I love cheesy horror.

They Live is GREAT!!! Does that mean your first favorite is Dead Alive??? I mean, come on, the scene with the lawnmower was just SOOOOO great!!!

zombies are cool.

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex Miller

demophobe wrote:
They Live is GREAT!!! Does that mean your first favorite is Dead Alive??? I mean, come on, the scene with the lawnmower was just SOOOOO great!!!

zombies are cool.

My favorite is actually Schindler's List. It's just difficult to say "favorite" for a movie that I can only watch when in a very specific mood.

I love They Live for the 10 minute fight scene of pointlessness. Just put on the glasses, dude. Everything about that movie screams cheese.

I do love Dead Alive. And Re-Animator. Shaun of the Dead as well.

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tarty

Quote:
As some others already pointed out, WOHM is work outside the home mom, and SAHD is stay at home dad. HS is homeschool and US is unschool.

Personally I can't stand the acronyms and emoticons. I don't really know why, I just don't like them.

Thanks to you and everyone for the explanations.

I hear ya on the acronyms. I find them almost as frustrating as "Urself" for "yourself" and "Ur" for "your" etc..

Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Robbobrob71

Don't you wish people would take the time to learn how to type properly? But with everything else, people take short cuts. Sometimes to unreadable results, like Canadian History.

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:58 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: