Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Here

Scenes from a love affair

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sgt_steve

Scenes from a love affair  Reply with quote  

Some excerpts from last nights weird dream. I swear to God, it was like watching a movie in my sleep. I'd get a few scenes, wake up for 15 minutes, go back to sleep, pick up where it left off, and start the whole cycle again. There's far more where this came from, but I particularly like this sequence.

Tuesday night, Tom's apartment:

Vicki lay on Tom's couch, reading his copy of "About A Boy". Tom sat in his desk chair, banging on the keyboad. He hit 'save' with a flourish, rose and stretched, and announced "Done! Another happy client, ripe for references and ready for the billing." He wandered into the kitchen and rummaged through a cabinet, then returned with two chocolate bars. She moved over on the couch, he settled in and handed her one of the bars.
"Thanks, love."
"Enjoying the book?"
"Yes. He's a bit of an asshole, but he's an entertaining one - and I foresee romance in his future. Maybe a stint as a stepfather, too."
"I'd tell you you're right, but that might spoil the ending."
"No problem. I know how these kind of books end."
"Mmm?"
"Yeah, all chick lit is the same."
He looked at her in shock.
"That's what this is, you know. Chick lit for guys."
He shook his head. "Sad but true, sad but true," and thought "I'll never read Hornby again." He picked up the paper to distract himself and looked at the TV listings. "Hmm ... do you like baseball?"
"Love it." She snuggled a little deeper. "Chocolate, books, and baseball. I've found the perfect man."
He leaned over and kissed her, then picked up the remote and turned the TV. She looked at the game in shock.
"Well," she thought, "maybe not."

Wednesday, Vicki and Caroline at lunch:

"He's a Mets fan? Oh honey, all Mets fans are losers."
Vicki gnawed a fingernail and said nothing.
"Does he know about you and the Yankees?

Wednesday night, Tom's apartment:

"You're a Yankees fan?"

Thursday afternoon, Tom and Dave at the bar:

"A Yankees fan? Dude, Yankees fans suck."
Tom glared at him.
"In the best possible way, that is. No, wait, that didn't come out right."

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: