Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Moose Blog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Thom

I miss the Mermaids of Norfolk/Virginia Beach. Here in Seattle, they have carousel horses instead and it just ain't the same.

By the way...

Quote:
And it would have been a big Bullwinkle mama-jama, with an antler on either cheek and GO MOOSES prominently printed just below her tramp stamp tattoo of a fairy felating a unicorn that she's so going to love explaining to her grandchildren.

...had me laughing out loud, spitting milk, which was scary because I don't even drink milk anymore.

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:36 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lisa M

Hey Thom, when did you live in Norfolk?

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:00 am   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

Norway: Northern rail line shut down after train hits moose
15-Aug-2006 04:05:34 PM (GMT) Norway's northern train line, Nordlandsbanen, is expected to be shut down until Wednesday afternoon or evening after a cargo train on the line struck a "monster moose."

Aftenposten reported Tuesday that the accident occurred between Dunderland and Mo i Rana. Passengers are being bused between those two locations until the line can be reopened.

The crash caused the train to derail.

"It must have been a monster moose," an official with the railway operating company said.

I wonder if there were any asses involved.

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thom

I lived in Tidewater from high school, through college and a twelve year relationship, followed by post-divorce weirdness and caring for my mother until she died, up until about three and a half years ago when I moved to Seattle.

That makes about twenty years or so in the Norfolk-Virginia Beach area.

So, since I lived half my life there, that makes it my hometown. I've come to accept that. V-A in the hi-zouse, two up two down, represent. Wink

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lisa M

Thom wrote:
I lived in Tidewater from high school, through college and a twelve year relationship, followed by post-divorce weirdness and caring for my mother until she died, up until about three and a half years ago when I moved to Seattle.

So, since I lived half my life there, that makes it my hometown. I've come to accept that. V-A in the hi-zouse, two up two down, represent. Wink

I am so sorry about your mom and the divorce. Sucks. But, where did you go to college? Both deb and I did time at Old Dominion University.

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:52 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Despite all the assurances from road signs that moose were around -- walking on dashed lines or prancing about (according to the drawings on the signs) -- during the whole time we were in New Hampshire and environs this past week on vacation, we didn't see one single real moose, until the morning that we left our 5-day stay at the state camping site at Lake Umbagog. (If you're curious, that name is supposed to be pronounced "um-BAY-gog," but I imagine a valley girl confusing it with "Oh, my GOD"...)

Anyway, we leave on that last day, and just less than a mile or so out of the camping facility our car comes upon a moose standing ahead of us in our driving lane. Fortunately we have enough time to stop at a distance of several yards, but the moose starts bolting off down the lane away from us, trips and falls, then picks itself up (as if saying "I meant to do that") and wisely skips off to the side into the woods.

Not much of a story, but at least we saw a moose!

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ace

Is it wrong that I wouldn't necessarily object to moose attire? I have a sloth on my shirt, adding a moose into the mix would be pretty awesome. Actually, let's just take it one step further and upgrade to a wooly mammoth. Now we're talkin'...

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
i8tokyo

chris wrote:
poorlilrockstar wrote:
the plural of moose is moose....not "mooses", dammit!

j.

Yeah, but it's funnier than moose. Did I mention that I am the Author Guy and can therefore make-up words as I please because I am the Author Guy? Ha!

And let me add: Ha!

Wink

I was pretty sure that the pural of moose was meese. If not, than it should be. Mooses is funnier, but meeses tie into "Pixie, Dixie and Mr. Jinks" which is a cartoon and therefore moore suited to a larger audience...or not.

Your call, you are the authorguy. I just read it.

Wink

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:37 am   View user's profile Send private message
Butch the Vizsla

moose? possum? sloth? this is all bringing back memories of Garanimals.

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kennyjb

Forgive me for chiming in so late. I haven't been around for a while.

Wow. A moose.

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:35 am   View user's profile Send private message
shestumbledin

Thom wrote:

Small world! I'm in Suffolk. Hello fellow Virgins! Smile

(The mermaid caught my eye.)

Post Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:42 am   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Screw the Moose... I want to hear more about the Tramp Stamp Tatoo!!!

Dude, you sooooo need to get your priorities straight, man...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: