Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

100 best first lines
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
KKnight

My hubby just said he was shown Alan Alda's biography at work today and the 1st line was pretty killer. Something to the effect of 'I was already six year old by the time my mother first stabbed my father.' Not too shabby for non-fiction.

Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Taco Bob

from "Foster" by Melissa Lee Shaw  Reply with quote  

"There is a dead kitten in my freezer.
I wish it was the first one, but it's not."

Post Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wonko

My friend, I am going to tell you the story of my life, as you wish; and if it were only the story of my life I think I would not tell it; for what is one man that he should make much of his winters, even when they bend him like a heavy snow? - Black Elk Speaks - as told to John G. Neirhardt

Post Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: