Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Really cool website!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
KKnight

Really cool website!  Reply with quote  

I found a neat site surfing this morning. It is an attempt to answer the question "What else do readers of (insert author name here) like to read." It's quite interesting what authors cling close to others, and which hang on the periphery of the 'map'. I was a little miffed when I typed in Charles Darwin and Jesus was on that map, but ended up shrugging it off to the two not so much being opposites as different sides to one coin.

Check it out: www.literature-map.com

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Hi KKnight.

But that is an old and familiar link.

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KKnight

oops..my bad  Reply with quote  

sorry...guess I had only stumbled upon it for the 1st time...The movie version of that site is not so reliable I think....as a side note.

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Kate R

The map was kinda true, but I really don't see the connection between Chris and Alice Hoffman, although I did read her before Chris....hmmmm. Strange.

They neglected to mention Terry Pratchett though! What the heck? I don't know about you guys, but since ADJ and the whole Mort thread, I read it and have become an avid fan of Terry Pratchett. It's nice to have some books that'll make me laugh while I bide my time for the next Moore one.

Chris - just dont' forget to come to Michigan!!

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:10 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Poofiemus

Whoever programmed the thing really needs to disambiguate the names. Authors would names floating in their vicinity that were just their own with a different spelling! @_@ Not exactly helpful....

Still, in concept it was cool. I'll have to see who that Matt Raff person is who was floating so very close to Chris. ^_^

Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
shestumbledin

Poofiemus wrote:
Whoever programmed the thing really needs to disambiguate the names. Authors would names floating in their vicinity that were just their own with a different spelling! @_@ Not exactly helpful....

Still, in concept it was cool. I'll have to see who that Matt Raff person is who was floating so very close to Chris. ^_^

I believe that would be Matt Ruff. Smile

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
Tal

Matt Ruff is pure awesome.

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: