Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Boston Area Newbie here.....(Waves)

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TuckCase

Boston Area Newbie here.....(Waves)  Reply with quote  

Hey all,

I guess this is probably the place to stand up and smile and say hello.

Picked up my first Chris Moore book (Dirty Job) by accident just a few weeks ago. Thing was in mint condition, and some schmuck left it in our cafeteria at work. Flipped though it, liked what I saw and took it home.

And look at me now.
Shocked

Since devouring Dirty Job, I tacked "Fluke" and am finishing up on "Island" right now, which I frigging LOVE. Thus the monniker I've taken. I'm not a pilot, but I HAVE been to the North Pole (ask me about it sometime) and done a hell of a lot of living since I entered this movie in 1966. I'm a busy bastard and don't get to read as much as I'd like, but I'm getting there.

Confirmed Parrothead and afficionado of all off-beat, noir and scary. I'd especially like to say hi to anyone from New England.

Anyway, I'm taking the liberty of pasting my poll answers to another question here as a sort of intro.

I'm bald, I'm forty and I'm coming aboard!

1. What is your handle (or user name) and why did you choose it? Does it have any special meaning? TuckCase. The drunken pilot with the ruptured Roscoe and the transvestite pal.

2. Real name: I'm alternately known as Emmit, Hey Jerk, and the-Ex, by various people in my orbit.

3. Location: Just North of Boston

4. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake: 6, because all age references in my family are done in dog years.

5. Date that you regularly blow them out: August-ish

6. City of Birth: Home of the Witches.

7. What is your favorite food? Pie in the sky

8. Favorite movies: Anything Noir-ish.

9. Favorite holiday: Halloween

10. Favorite day of the week: The weekend

11. Favorite restaurant: Li Ding's Fill-Your-Face-Chinese Buffet

12. Favorite flower: Pansy

13. Favorite beverage: Mai Tai's

14. Favorite color: Black or Purple or Red if I'm in the right mood

15. Favorite TV Shows: The Twilight Zone, Seinfeld, PBS

16. The last movie you saw in the theater: Jaws 17

17. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards? Newbury Comics

18. If you had to be stranded on a deserted island for the rest of your life, what five things would you take with you? Duct tape, the complete Chris Moore and Stephen King collections, my cat, a blowgun and Pez.

19. If you could have a television and a DVD player on this island, but if you had to choose just one actor or actress whose movies you would watch, and you could have any movie that they were in but that's all you'd get to see forever, who would it be? Traci Lords. Anything.

20. If you could receive one television network on the island, which would it be? Sci Fi Channel

21. If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be? Key West, Florida

22. What is your favorite article of clothing? My Hawaiian shirt

23. What is your favorite song of all time? "One" by U-2

24. What is the last CD you bought? Bought. "Take The Weather With You" Jimmy Buffett

25. What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now? Very rarely listen to radio.

26. Your favorite decade or era: 80s

27. Where is your favorite place to be? Driving alone on dark highways at 3:00 a.m.

28. What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life? Nicholas Cage

29. The moon or the sun? Moon

30. Favorite season: Summer

31. How did you find out about this board? I'm a new fan.,

32. What is your favorite CM Book? "Island of the Sequined Love Nun"

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Joelibris

Hi. Now that we are in the proper setting, I'll be performing your body cavity search. Being from Boston, the odds of you having an Ann Coulter infection are low, so I will be gentle.

<<<le snap>>>

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
zendao42

Very Happy HI! WELCOME!
I'm sure you'll be properly greeted soon- just make sure you're holding the pie up where everybody can see it.

Now I've got to go to work before the phone calls start... carry on, guys!

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TuckCase

Does a Table Talk pie count?

Ann Coulter? Oh my sweet Jesus, that woman belongs in prison. No wait, that would be a waste of a cell that can otherwise be used to rehabilitate a criminal.

Ann is garbage. And I say that not as a liberal but as a consumer of the media. She sneers and smirks and calls people names. I can respect a good arguement on ideas, subjects and such, but not her brand of bombastic info-tainment.

Oops, I'm moving dangerously close to the subject of politics, which does not belong here.

Now, back to the pie.........

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ginjg

So, you'll have an opportunity to meet some of the Divas Ultima at the signing next month. You have informed your employer that you'll be taking a religous holiday that afternoon haven't you?

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
chris
Site Admin

Welcome, Tuck.

Don't let the "rule" junkies scare you. Pie, books, and don't be a fucktard are the only rules that really matter. In fact, you can even skip the pie and the books.

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

Hah! What does he know, he's only the Author Guy. No, pay heed instead to we smaller frogs in this pond! Cheep-cheep! Cheep-cheep!

Now, salute! Then drop and give me $20.

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lisa

To say "Ann is garbage" is to be accepted.

It's a trick I tell you!

Welcome but.

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Joelibris

Tuck, your venomous remarks about Ann Coulter make me so glad I was lenient with you. In fact, I shall share pie with you...<Sobs> I'm so proud!

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TuckCase

Okay,

Pie?
Check.
Books?
Check.
Not being a fucktard?
Check.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:52 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
fortune cookie

Welcome Tuck, have fun.
(eyes pie)
Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

*Sneaks in and tries to steal a slice but is most definitly seen and caught*

PIIIIE!!

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vgndoll

hi. love pie, thanks.

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
bleu

pie, thanks.....

oh yea (wipes pie off her hand onto her apron and offers it for a shake) nice to meet ya...Welcome

http://bleueyedgirl.blogspot.com/

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: