Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

To my cousin Americans....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

What is -Canada's- Capital city? (Without cheating)
A. Toronto
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
B. Saskatoon
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
C. Ottawa
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dougp

I thought Bob and Doug were Americans pretending to be Frostbacks.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:31 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Nope. Frostbacks to the core.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dougp

Goddamnit. If I'd only known.......

I feel so .......used.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:38 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

S'alright, man- they also did that song with RUSH- the only canucks that rock...

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dougp

I must confess to a fondness for Cowboy Junkies and Blue Rodeo. Embarassed

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:48 am   View user's profile Send private message
twan_deeth_ree

And The Tea Party and Big Wreck and The Arcade Fire and a bunch of others...

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:54 am   View user's profile Send private message
Paul R

Re: To my cousin Americans....  Reply with quote  

Kendriffic wrote:
Are you aware of TV Showing we have called "Talking with Americans",
That has one of our Canadian comics going there and talking to some of you asking you completely bogus questions about your "thoughts" on Canadian topics like:
"Do you think its fair that we allow people from Vancouver invade Calgary to use the annual seal clubbing as a market place? And its Calgarys only source of revenue, is that fair of Vacouverians to do?"
and things like:
"Canada wants to put a dome over our country, becuase with global warming, peoples houses are melting away...What sortof message do you think that would send people coming to visit.?"
And actually potentially irrelevant to you, but.
We have a famous coffee/donut corp, Called "Tim Hortons", and he talked to President Bush asking him what he thought of Prime minester Tim Horton's campaign of the timbits (which is the donut holes they sell at Tim Hortons) and he was all like "I think Mr.Horton, made a very wise decision, and thought through many different angles... blah blah blah... saying how he's a great friend of Mr.Horton, and blah blah blah."

Like, I guess what I am really trying to ask is.
Do you have a clue about us... at all?
Like I studied the USA in grade nine and could probably recite all major cities in all 50 states...

Ugh, it just feels so... Ugh.

I have never heard of a show called Talking with Americans. There is a, ehem, comedian (and I use that term very, very loosely) called Rick Mercer who was on a very poor satirical news show called This Hour has 22 Minutes and he used to do a segment where he traveled to the states (mainly U.S. Universities) and asked the students and teachers questions about Canada with the intent to prove Americans know little about Canada for the titillation of left wing wankers who watched such drivel.

I have a problem trying to visualize the Tim Horton corp talking to President Bush. Did he stop by one of the donut stores at some point? I also find it hard to believe that even Bush would not know the Canadian Prime Ministers name. This post is obviously a wind up and though I am not against trying to wind up Americans this post seems heavy handed.

The use of the word "Like" to start the last paragraph is not encouraging either. I suggest taking grade nine again and learning basic English before trying to impress our neighbours to the south (and north in parts. Did you know that too? And I don't mean Alaska.) with a list of facts and figures about the USA.

On a related note, you may have heard about a TV show just debuted here in Canada called "Little Mosque on the Prairie". Avoid it at all costs. It is pandering, unfunny and insulting to all but middle of the road muslins. Typical CBC tax dollars at work to promote a liberal bias.

cheers,

Paul R

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Notdeadyet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Candy
Laughing

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:42 am   View user's profile Send private message
vgndoll

my head is going to pop....what is all this canada talk? i thought there were rules about this. i didn't see mention of the kids in the hall, so i don't see the point. unless buddy and the kathys are hiding here somewhere...

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:16 am   View user's profile Send private message
Kar98

twan_deeth_ree wrote:
Nobody here is dumb enough to fall for this obvious set-up.

(Like anyone is going to believe that you have TV in Canada!)

Or computers, for that matter. And the means to power them Smile
That would melt their houses, wouldn't it?

Besides, everybody knows the capital of Canada is Canada City. Eh?

Last edited by Kar98 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kar98

Re: To my cousin Americans....  Reply with quote  

Kendriffic wrote:
Are you aware of TV Showing we have called "Talking with Americans",

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vgndoll

i was waiting for some south park.

thanks.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:44 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Alanis Morrisette, Bryan Adams, Corey (I Wear My Dumbass Sunglasses At Night) Hart, Men Without Hats, Avril Lavigne, Celine Dijon...all Canadians. And we bitch about all the Mexicans infiltrating our borders...

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Paul R

Joelibris wrote:
Alanis Morrisette, Bryan Adams, Corey (I Wear My Dumbass Sunglasses At Night) Hart, Men Without Hats, Avril Lavigne, Celine Dijon...all Canadians. And we bitch about all the Mexicans infiltrating our borders...

Celine Dijon? The mustard heiress?

Also don't forget Mike Myers, Jim Carey, Eugene Levy, Lorne Micheals, Sum 41, Neil Young, BTO, Paul Anka, William Shatner, Mathew Perry, David Cronenberg, James Cameron, Norman Jewison, Atom Egoyan, Nelly Fertado, Shania Twain, etc.....

Paul R

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Joelibris

k.d. lang

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: