Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Did we play "What was your first car?" yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DanSRose

'97 Mercury Sable, teal-blue. It died on I-95, inside the Baltimore Beltway. Steam hissed through the hood and then it died. I opened the hood and got shot in the face with steaming hot liquid.

Adventures!

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Katy O

I'm not smart enough to do the picture thing either, but here is a link to a 1980 Honda Civic hatchback 1500 GL with a 5-speed manual transmission. It had been my parents until they made me buy it from them in 1986. It was silver with burgundy interior. I looooooved my little car and I drove it for over five years.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/MediaNav/articleId=68272/firstNav=Gallery/photoId=9650#

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kennyjb

1973 Mazda RX2 coupe...

Mine was an ugly copper-gold metallic color, and it didn't have the fancy wheels. It was fast as hell, but the engine had to be rebuilt a month after I got it. Paid $695 for the car, and $1100 to get it rebuilt! Sad Had it for 8 years. Actually a very cute little car, and surprisingly comfortable for a little Japanese car. I actually got laid in the back seat. Cool Thank God the back windows rolled down, she was 2 inches taller than me!!

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Laughing Lucky you! My first car was a 1984 Buick Skyhawk-
there wasn't room to get laid in the back seat.
However, if you let back the front seat...
but you could still touch the back glass from the front seat!
But it drove like dream & had the very necessary "oh shit" handle on the passenger side.

Don't have a way to post a picture here-
or know where a picture of it might be.

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kennyjb

Sumpin' like this, Zen?

Sweet! Very Happy

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:38 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Hmm... let's see, mine was gray, 2-door, had a spoiler in front (you noticed that every time you tried to park it), seems like the front was rounder & I would swear it was smaller (seemed that way on the inside), but yeah, that looks familiar.

Somewhere there is at least one picture of me standing beside it, back when I had a perm... maybe that's why I can't find that picture! God, the '80s sucked!

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DanaMichelle

Just imagine this exact car completely green. We called it the big green booger, or sometimes "The Tank"... I rear-ended someone once and totalled the back end of their car, but barely cracked the grill on this monster. 1977 Oldsmobile Delta 88

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
disco

1973 Nova, 4 door. Mine was even this color when I got, just picture it with the hubcaps missing and more rust. A lot more rust.

We slapped fiberglass in all the rust holes (didn't bother to sand it smooth) and sprayed it with a slightly darker metallic blue.

I hated that car. My second car was a 1973 Pontiac Catalina that I got from a friend of my dad, and he'd ordered the car new with all the high-performance goodies from the factory. I could fit 15 of my friends in it and still beat Firebirds in a drag race Cool

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mr Trout

1989 Plymouth Sundance, and after that car died I stepped it up to a 1991 Plymouth Sundance, that I bought five years latter.

I'd show a photo but I couldn't get the img thing to work.

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
i8tokyo

1961 Corvette $1350 worth of shoe shine/flipping burger money. I thought I was really cool.

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
TuckCase

I don't know how to do the picture-thingy either, but my first ride was a white 1972 Mustang Grande. It had blue stripes down the hood. Paid $1000 for it, and it was the best damn car I ever owned.
Could fix the thing with a butterknife and a roll of tape, and yeah, I almost had to a couple of times. I'm lucky if I can get bread out of my toaster when it's jammed thesedays, but back in the early 1980's I replaced this car's master cylinder, changed the starter, replaced a fuel line and a few other God-let-me-keep-this-thing-running-another-week tricks that I wouldn't even attempt on today's cars.
And I won't even mention the backseat and girls named Ginger, Betty and Mandy....Heh heh......

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
i8tokyo

TuckCase wrote:
I don't know how to do the picture-thingy either, but my first ride was a white 1972 Mustang Grande. It had blue stripes down the hood.

Something like this?

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: