Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Re: Call Me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

WOO HOOO!!!! MUST REPORT THE GOOD NEWS TO ALL!!!

YAY!!

Congrats Chris!!

for that you get a banner.

(yes I did take that pic and yes I was slightly hungover)

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sewer_harpy

Well done kind and gentle sir......well done.

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drop_Dead

WOOT! ! !

http://www.myspace.com/10455951

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

All hail, His Sixness!!

Or, for those who've seen Monty Python's Life of Brian: Hith Thickthneth!

(Sorry -- my fangth thtarted to unsheath themthelvth out of exthitement!!!!)

Razz

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Klari

zendao42 wrote:
OK, so now that I've had visions of ENCINO MAN & ROD STEWART dancing in my head... what the hell:

See, and I got the wedding scene from So I Married An Axe Murderer and Charlie's dad in his kilt singing,"If you want my body and you think I'm sixy, come on baby let me know..." accompanied by the bagpipes and the piper passing out. (yeah, I know it's Rod Stewart's song, but the SIMAAM is much funnier, especially if you're picturing Chris in a kilt AND a Hawaiian shirt)

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Butch the Vizsla

congrats ag!

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
xannie_01

congratulations..but i'm not surprised in the least.

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Klari wrote:
zendao42 wrote:
OK, so now that I've had visions of ENCINO MAN & ROD STEWART dancing in my head... what the hell:

See, and I got the wedding scene from So I Married An Axe Murderer and Charlie's dad in his kilt singing,"If you want my body and you think I'm sixy, come on baby let me know..." accompanied by the bagpipes and the piper passing out. (yeah, I know it's Rod Stewart's song, but the SIMAAM is much funnier, especially if you're picturing Chris in a kilt AND a Hawaiian shirt)

OK, I haven't seen that movie- but the vision works for me. I was trying really hard not to picture the AG doing the REVOLTING COCKS version of that song- but now I'm picturing him in flippers along with the kilt & Hawaiian shirt, for some inexplicable reason...

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Klari

Zen, see the movie. It kicks ass. I'm not a big Austin Powers fan (except for the bits with Dr. Evil, that stuff is great), and I had had big expectations for it because of So I Married An Axe Murderer.

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
LostInWalmart

A Prayer  Reply with quote  

Dear Lord,

You are so wise and strengthy. Please, I beseech you, give unto the AG the power to unseat that creature of darkness from the NY Times top 5. Yes, Mitch Albom. Thanks, and praise, and all that. Oh, and I promise to communicate more often and sin a bit less. Thanks again.

The 5 people I want to meet in heaven do not include a hack sportswriter spiffying up chicken soup for the trite soul into 90 pages of spoon-fed fiction. Is this what people read when they're waiting in line to buy retouched Robert Kinkaide prints? It's not a novel, it's a screenplay for a bad Lifetime Original Movie. Or maybe Hallmark Hall of Fame. I get confused.

Hear me now, judge me later - if AG unseats Albom, I will (drum roll) go back to church. Only once, though, let's not be rash.

amen.

B

Post Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:51 am   View user's profile Send private message
shestumbledin

Re: A Prayer  Reply with quote  

LostInWalmart wrote:
Dear Lord,

You are so wise and strengthy. Please, I beseech you, give unto the AG the power to unseat that creature of darkness from the NY Times top 5. Yes, Mitch Albom. Thanks, and praise, and all that. Oh, and I promise to communicate more often and sin a bit less. Thanks again.

The 5 people I want to meet in heaven do not include a hack sportswriter spiffying up chicken soup for the trite soul into 90 pages of spoon-fed fiction. Is this what people read when they're waiting in line to buy retouched Robert Kinkaide prints? It's not a novel, it's a screenplay for a bad Lifetime Original Movie. Or maybe Hallmark Hall of Fame. I get confused.

Hear me now, judge me later - if AG unseats Albom, I will (drum roll) go back to church. Only once, though, let's not be rash.

amen.

B

LMAO!!

Very Happy I actually LIKE Albom when he's writing about sports, but JEEZ...
and well done LIW.

Post Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

Re: A Prayer  Reply with quote  

LostInWalmart wrote:
It's not a novel, it's a screenplay for a bad Lifetime Original Movie. Or maybe Hallmark Hall of Fame. I get confused.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400435/

I'm not sure what network it aired on, but dang it's long.

Also, I didn't want to say anything before, but the "6" is now online at the NY Times. Last week I didn't see it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/04/books/bestseller/0204besthardfiction.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Post Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

Is it time?

It's been a week since His Nineness became His Sixness. Is it possible we'll be finding out today that he has become even Moore insufferable?

There really are only a few possibilities for upward-mobility:

His Five-ness
    The Four-nicator
    Mr. Three-mendous
    The Two-minator

and, God help us,

The One

Fingers-crossed, I wait.

Post Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:50 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: