Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

CM, Killer of Poultry
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lisa M

Roosters  Reply with quote  

I'm with Chris on blasting the roosters. My uncle had a rooster on his farm in Ohio. When I was about six I went to the hen house to collect eggs & Rodney, the rooster,attacked me by jumping up and nailing his talons into my thigh. To this day I enjoy a nice chicken dinner, although the bird we ate the following Sunday was a tough old thing.

Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:08 am   View user's profile Send private message
earthshoes

We had a rooster like that when I was growing up. For some ridiculous reason his name was Phillip.

Phillip used to hide under the front steps and attack me whenever I went outside to play.

My mother took a fishing net one time and trapped him in it in mid attack. He spent the day wrapped up in the net hanging from a nail in the storage room. When she let him go, he was remarkably subdued.

This bought us about a week of peace. Apparently, roosters have short memories.

A fox finally got him.

the end

Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sara Leigh

Rodney? Phillip? You name your food? Shocked

Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
earthshoes

Well, yeah, don't you? Very Happy

It that bothers you, the fact that we called the bucket calf "Hamburger" and the pig "porkchop" probably won't sit too well either. There was also a lamb named Mary (my parents had a sick sense of humor) . . .

Actually, as I recall, Phillip was the result of my city cousins' school project. After he hatched and outgrew his cute fuzzy stage, there was little else to do with him except call my mother and ask her to take him.

I think they dropped him on his little head, because he also attacked and chased away Mom's hens.

Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sara Leigh

We had a couple of ducks as pets. I can't remember the names we gave them (but we're going back over 35 years ago; I'm excused). There was a mill race and a pond behind our house, so they had a nice place to play and swim. Until somebody took a shotgun, killed the drake, and winged the female. We hoped the dickhead choked on it when he ate it. They were white freaking ducks. Obviously not wild. We got another to replace it, but then my mother ran over it backing out of the garage one day. I forget what happened to the female with the messed up wing.

Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: