Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Greetings!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Your Ex

Greetings!  Reply with quote  

I have been having an absolute blast for the past hour just drifting around this board, getting a feel for what all of you are like and have decided that it would only be fair, after cruising through so many personal stories, to introduce myself – try to contain your excitement.

My name is Alex, I’m 26 years old, and I live in Columbus, Ohio. Over the course of the past year I have managed to acquire a degree in business management and lose a pseudo-husband in a pseudo-divorce (it’s a long story and I don’t want anyone to have to suffer through it unless requested). In a spastic fit of anxiety and depression, I wandered around a local bookstore and picked up a self-help tome and, for reasons that elude me to this day, Practical Demonkeeping. The former hasn’t done me a lick of good thus far, but the latter has saved my sense of humor, if not my life. I have followed P.D. with Lamb and am now a full-blown Christopher Moore junkie. Next will be Fluke with a The Stupidest Angel chaser...and then…sorry, I’ll stop title-dropping.

At any rate, it’s a true pleasure to meet other fans and I hope that I can drop in here often enough to make a complete nuisance of myself…until we meet again…

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:13 am   View user's profile Send private message
smartnfunnyfem

Location: West Chicago, IL (about 35 miles west of Chicago to be precise)
Welcome!  Reply with quote  

Nuisance? Not at all. We love personal stories. Tell us yours in detail. Only a couple of us would use it to blackmail you. You DO know the rules for new members, don't you? See "News and Noise/The Rules" http://bbs.chrismoore.com/viewtopic.php?t=366&start=0 Welcome and I'll expect your check on the first of each month. Diana

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Lib

Hi there!  Reply with quote  

Glad you decided to make that fateful step and join us. Your life will never be the same, posting naked at work does that to a person (again, see rules).
Welcome!

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:28 am   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Welcome, X.

(Coincidentally, Welcome X is the name of the PR guy for the Nation of Islam. Just so you know.)

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lauren

Hiya, Alex. Welcome to the madness that is the CM BBS.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Sara Leigh

Almost had a heart attack with that subject line. I was sure it was my ex, messing with my mind. Shocked

Welcome to the Boardello. It sounds like you'll fit in just fine. Go ahead, make a nuisance of yourself. Nobody else is going to do it for you.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Goudron

chris wrote:
Welcome, X.

(Coincidentally, Welcome X is the name of the PR guy for the Nation of Islam. Just so you know.)

Thanks for that snippet, Chris, and welcome, errr Ex. I didn't know I had an ex until now. Now my wife can be jealous about someone Smile

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Think insane.

Wait a minute, you're my ex? Huh. Don't take this the wrong way Alex, but I don't remember you. Was I drunk? 'cause that's happened before.
Very Happy

Welcome aboard. Keep your hands inside the windows, some of these savages bite!

Oh, and read Love Nun before TSA

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mister

ONE OF US!

ONE OF US!

ONE OF US!

Did you bring any mayo?

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hillary

Aww man.  Reply with quote  

Another fan.

I guess this means I have to be NICE now.

Very Happy

Welcome aboard.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dave

Re: Aww man.  Reply with quote  

Hillary wrote:
I guess this means I have to be NICE now.

Yeah, right. One word of advice, X: duck!

Wink

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Think insane.

Don't forget to read the rules Very Happy

And pay no heed to the savages. They may be poorly behaved, but deep down inside they are a decent lot. They're just.... special.

Very Happy

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lauren

Quote:
From that Canadian guy:And pay no heed to the savages. They may be poorly behaved, but deep down inside they are a decent lot. They're just.... special.

...sez one of the biggest savages here. Think, baby, you've already been assimilated. No use denying it anymore. :p

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Think insane.

Never, ever, have I claimed to not be savage, special, or poorly behaved. I just don't feel the need to warn people about myself. I was once told that I'm a good monkey, and I stand by that dammit. But wasn't there someone else here that was once referred to as some sort of HARPY???

And I scoff at your accusations of Canadianism. I might live across the street from Canadia, but I'm no maple syrup sucking, toque (I looked the spelling up) wearing, flannel clad, eh? saying Canadite! I don't know what you're talkin' aboot!

See, they're poorly behaved. I tried to warn you...

Very Happy

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: