Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

CM DOES NOT READ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
waxingpoetical

mandi wrote:
waxingpoetical, i nearly died when your sister asked chris "where do you come up with all those crazy ideas"? that was PRECIOUS!

btw, i was sitting waaaaay up front, trying to be cool but suffering greatly from major celebrityitis. i didn't know anyone at my table, and they were there for the readings in general, but after i gushed to them about chris and his books, they started calling me "the cute stalker". Rolling Eyes

haha, that's hilarious. we were right behind chris so i know how you feel. we were all trying very hard not to make it look like we were staring directly at his back. in fact, my mother and my mom's coworker actually turned their chairs around so it sort of looked like they were just staring at his back, and when i mentioned this to them, they said "that's what we ARE doing."

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sidviciousX

You Don't Read  Reply with quote  

I don't blame you, if ya don't wanna read , screw it, don't read. I on the other hand can't read a word that I've written myself, but I read passages from your books to anyone who will listen, whether they like it or not. HEY! I have a great Idea.....On your next tour I'll come along and read for you , a designated reader if you will. I know it won't have the same impact, but I've even donned a "Clifford the Big Red Dog" suit and read to many elementary schools. I don't know if I can keep a straight face with your stuff, but what the hell, I'm willing to show my bald spot and everything. (well not EVERYTHING). Keep on writing and I'll keep on reading, to myself and to any poor fool who will listen.

Post Tue May 02, 2006 1:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
epicurean_envoy

Speaking of Cats Typing...  Reply with quote  

Hey Chris et al,

Check this link out...

http://www.bitboost.com/pawsense/index.html

It's for a program that will detect when your cats are typing and apparently also "...helps train your cat to stay off the computer keyboard."

I don't think I'll be getting it for my cats, though. It's not their typing that bothers me, but rather their freakish obsession with dragging all the paint brushes they can find into my bedroom.

I don't know what it means, and I think I'm a little scared to find out.

Post Thu May 11, 2006 11:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri May 12, 2006 4:49 am   View user's profile Send private message
agrajag

Chris Reading out loud  Reply with quote  

Who cares why he doesn't read, let's just be glad he keeps writing. Very Happy

Post Sun May 14, 2006 7:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jamey the Dork

Chris wrote:
I have a Dream!
That someday,
A man will be judged by the content of his composition,
Not the quality of his elocution.

If your dream was a reality...I woulda finished Art School in stead of bailing when it got too confusing.

Post Thu May 18, 2006 7:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
shestumbledin

Brilliant!

Sorry to reply so late, but I know I'm not the only newbie here -- and these past blogs are fun to read whenever you're bored.

Smile

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Let someone else read  Reply with quote  

I don't remember whether this might have been suggested before, but here goes:

Since Chris doesn't want to read excerpts from his books when he's at a book-signing (and I don't think any author should have to), why not this:

If a local bookstore establishment would prefer such a presentation when an author appears, why doesn't the bookstore ask a staff-member, or even a local volunteer-reader/fan, to read an excerpt?

(Just sayin'/thinkin'/doin' nothing this afternoon, except cooking some hot turkey Italian sausage with pasta sauce and making revisions to my music appreciation course because the textbook has been revised, etc.)

Very Happy

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: