Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

A Dirty Job , now with More Moore

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HazelRah

A Dirty Job , now with More Moore  Reply with quote  

So the paperback came out this week. My store has it in a nice cardboard display .

The cover does indeed glow in the dark. Cheeky fun

There is a official Are you A Beta-Male Test in the back ( AG Sanctioned) .

Plus a peek at "You Suck"
And than paragraph descriptions of all the other works, for that one off person who is just joining the cult.

I actually bought a copy. Even though I own it already in hardcover. Figure the glow in the dark wont last beyond the first printing and it will look good on the bookshelf.

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

I got 2 copies- always a sucker for things that glow in the dark-
will be giving at least one of them away & may get more to share...

So... how did you do on that Beta Male Test?

Nevermind that I'm not male, most of those questions I would have to answer "none of the above"-
wonder if the quiz will be posted in here sometime?

Post Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Darquewillow_Lily

I just saw it today in the bookstore. I couldn't get it even though I wanted to. Is it just certain copies that glow in the dark or all? The copy I saw didn't say anything. Is it supposed to be a cool surprise?

Post Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

Darquewillow_Lily wrote:
I just saw it today in the bookstore. I couldn't get it even though I wanted to. Is it just certain copies that glow in the dark or all? The copy I saw didn't say anything. Is it supposed to be a cool surprise?

Only certain parts of it glow-
the best way to check it while you're in the store is to stick it under your shirt & look down-
that's what we did... or you could just run your fingers across the cover & feel for the raised bits.

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wonko

zendao42 wrote:

Only certain parts of it glow-
the best way to check it while you're in the store is to stick it under your shirt & look down-
that's what we did... or you could just run your fingers across the cover & feel for the raised bits.

Just don't get those two methods mixed up an run your fingers under the salespersons shirt & feel for raised bits... just sayin'..... Laughing

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Blue Angel

Actually I was unaware of the whole glow-in-the-dark thing until I awoke in the middle of the night to a strange sound, turned on the light to investigate previously-mentioned strange sound, found nothing amiss, had a cookie, chuckled for scaring myself, turned light off, glanced at nightstand to check time, let out a blood-curdling scream, realized Moore book had glowing parts, said "oh, that's so cool" and went back to sleep.

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FiFi21Cool

i want it!
id love to have the paper back book
and i know this isn't the You Suck part of the messege bored but i didn't really care of that book.....it had no action init. it was funny but kinda boring Embarassed

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: