Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

I brought...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jillopy

Katterfelto,
Where do you go to school? Who offers old magicians as a major?

Post Thu May 31, 2007 10:28 am   View user's profile Send private message
Katterfelto

deb wrote:
Goudron wrote:
Joe's in charge of flaming. It may well be creepy for you, I was more worried about me. Laughing

Joe also is in charge of accessories. Don't ask him to show you what they are.

Thanks, Deb. It's quite useful to know these things. From what I understand, Joe's none too shy about his accessories. Shocked So I'll leave that to him.

A pleasure to meet you, Deb. Thanks for looking out for me.
(And you're dead on about the questionable nature of my magician studies.)

-Katt

Post Thu May 31, 2007 10:32 am   View user's profile Send private message
Katterfelto

Jillopy wrote:
Katterfelto,
Where do you go to school? Who offers old magicians as a major?

I'm at the U of Chicago (grad studies). I actually study the history of science, and I've had to use some good old fashioned coercion and carefully placed manipulation to be able to study these dudes. [Read: temper tantrums.]

I could wax histrionic forever about this stuff, but my thesis argument is that magicians during the late 18th helped to define exactly who could properly do "science" and where they could do it. Lots of these magicians pretended to be philosophers or doctors, when they weren't. And for some reason during this time people started calling them on it, when they hadn't before. I want to find out why. That's it.

Oh, and magic is neat.

Post Thu May 31, 2007 10:45 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Katterfelto wrote:
deb wrote:
Goudron wrote:
Joe's in charge of flaming. It may well be creepy for you, I was more worried about me. Laughing

Joe also is in charge of accessories. Don't ask him to show you what they are.

Thanks, Deb. It's quite useful to know these things. From what I understand, Joe's none too shy about his accessories. Shocked So I'll leave that to him.
-Katt

Joe has no interest in using his "accessories" on anyone of the female species. Joe also refers to himself in the third person on occasion.

Post Thu May 31, 2007 3:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
zendao42

Sorry I'm late, it's been one of those weeks...

Very Happy WELCOME! Very Happy

WHOO-HOO, you already brought pie- pizza & chocolate! Very Happy
Have some cocoa, I just put on a fresh pot...

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Katterfelto

Gaberloonzie wrote:
Ooooh, i like this one, pizza is one of my favorite kind of pies, especially pizza from Chicago, (Nicks is my favorite), any chance on getting you to pick me up a Chicago style hot dog with the works? gotta love sport peppers and pickles on a dog!

Done and done. Smile Although if you want ketchup on that dog I'm afraid I'll have to withhold the peppers and pickles out of principle. Rules are rules.

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:13 am   View user's profile Send private message
Katterfelto

Gaberloonzie wrote:
Although I am a ketchup fiend I would never ruin a true Chicago hot dog by covering it's wonderous flavors with something as mundane as ketchup. I save my ketchup for hot dogs down here in the south.

Finally, I'm home. (Meaning, it's a welcome relief to be here with all ya'll.)

Gaber, you're tops. Extra peppers for you. Chicago dogs all around!

ps. I'm a ketchup fiend myself when the circumstances dictate. Which is pretty much all the time.

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: