Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Concerns?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FattyFattyPorkFace

Concerns?  Reply with quote  

Just concerns.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/6714135.stm

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Amigo

Golly gee, 'ya think maybe we're planning to be there awhile? I'll bet it puts the price tag on Saddam's palaces to shame. Rolling Eyes

It's such a comfort knowing my hard-earned tax dollars are going for such a good cause. Mad

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:10 am   View user's profile Send private message
Notdeadyet

How many times do I have to say this "NOBODY IS IN CONTROL HERE!"

Last edited by Notdeadyet on Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:30 am   View user's profile Send private message
dougp

If we are going to have permanent military installations, why not have an embassy?

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2006_02/008257.php

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/GH06Ak02.html

Just a couple of many, though it doesn't seem to get much press anymore. All you Bush haters can point to how this behavior failed in Iran, with the fall of the Shaw turning the country into a theology based state that as of yet, has failed to put us on their Christmas mailing list. You can point to Saudi Arabia and how our presence has helped foster such benevolent groups a Al Qedia. But trust me, Bush is right! This time it WILL work!

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Notdeadyet

I don't believe the concern was the embassy, I believe the concern was that some genius put the plans on the internet for anyone in the world to look at...... Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Notdeadyet wrote:
I don't believe the concern was the embassy, I believe the concern was that some genius put the plans on the internet for anyone in the world to look at...... Rolling Eyes

Exactly.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dougp

Notdeadyet wrote:

What? You expect common sense? Having high expectations is a recipe for a let down.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Well, there you have it.
Proof, that having a degree, doesn't make you're smart.

And 592 Million? 104 acres?!
The friggin Lousiana Pruchase didn't cost that much.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message
dougp

fortune cookie wrote:
Well, there you have it.
Proof, that having a degree, doesn't make you're smart.

And 592 Million? 104 acres?!
The friggin Lousiana Pruchase didn't cost that much.

Plus the Indians, French and Mexicans were easier to deal with. We're getting hosed.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Amigo

dougp wrote:
[...]All you Bush haters can point to how this behavior failed in Iran, with the fall of the Shaw turning the country into a theology based state that as of yet, has failed to put us on their Christmas mailing list. You can point to Saudi Arabia and how our presence has helped foster such benevolent groups a Al Qedia. But trust me, Bush is right! This time it WILL work!

Damn straight, dougp! We've just begun, and, so far, Iraq has been a cakewalk. Hell, 58,226 American soldiers and 1.5 million Vietnamese were killed in the Vietnam war, and look at how well that turned out.

"Bring 'em on!!"

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:26 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: