Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

PW Biteth No More
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sean

Yeah, and those personal responses are so much better than all of these restraining orders.

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Quote:
Posted by Chris: So, what Iím saying is, you guys are my homies. I do not, for a second, take you for granted. Where else am I gonna find people who have such great taste in literature?

Not only do I have great taste in literature,
but in presidential candidates. Wink

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
ArgonautFleecey

Dammit, Chris, yer gettin' me all misty. Quit it.

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
chelle

I had interactions with another author that was, shall we say unpleasant to say the least. Not reader oriented at all and thus the reason she should never ever be allowed to talk or interact with her readers. For some reason they still let her do it. Her website is a love fest and if anyone posts anything negative or critical....it is removed immediately. However, because I now know she isnt a very nice person....I just cant read her books-cant enjoy them at all.

After reading Chris's posts, getting nice replies to emails and the wonderful book signing at Baileys Crossing in Alexandria I actually enjoy the books more. I know the person writing them not only enjoys the work but appreciates his readers. Hell, any author that offers to sign belly button lint if you produce it is all right with me! Very Happy

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Hillary

I . . .  Reply with quote  

don't know what to say.

Goddamit. Start the fucking compound! I'm voting Chris as Grand Poobah! (How exactly DOES one spell Poobah?) I want Kool-Aid, and an aluminum foil hat! I want to wear robes and sing hymn-like Odes to Chris.

<CHANTING> COMPOUND. COMPOUND. COMPOUND. </CHANTING>

Anywho . . . yeah. Misty. Course, I cry at Tampax commercials, so that's not too unexpected.

PW now rocks the hiz-ouse, but only has a small percentage of coolness compared to the AG.

We rock. Seriously. Chris and gang . . . we be crazy family-like rockers, and thaz OK in my book.

*sniffles*

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goudron

Glad you got out of your funk so to speak. This place is really weird, but in a special (not special like retarded) kind of way. Published authors have always been mystical and surreal to me. And here you are in cyberspace replying to topics and sincerely communicating with everyone. Good job. Way to display your humanity and accessibility.

Normally if I were to type the preceding paragraph it would be laced with sarcasm, but this place is weird, so there was none.

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

What Hillary said! Yeah!

Chris - What a wonderfully nice letter this is. And yeah, warm and fuzzy. What attracted me to your books was first the humor. What has kept me coming back looking for more is not just your humor.. it's your humanity. Your heart is showing and I truly love that. That goes for this funny great bunch of fans as well. I believe in what they call the law of attraction and we all have sort of found each other and that is no unhappy accident in my little book. Wink

YAY for PW for seeing what we all so love!

On to the Compound!

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
smartnfunnyfem

Location: West Chicago, IL (about 35 miles west of Chicago to be precise)
awww  Reply with quote  

here

Last edited by smartnfunnyfem on Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
earthshoes

Our house plugged in it's first modem about four years ago. Since then, I've divided my time between two sites--a poetry/prose workshop and a dog-trainers' advice/information exchange forum.

Coming some place just to have fun is a brand new concept. Still struggle with the divided urge to either correct everyone's grammar or command them them to get off the furniture.

It gets easier everyday.

Came for the books, stayed for the insights and the fun.

Thanks AG.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mandi

whoa. just when i thought that maybe i didn't belong here (cuz i sort of suck at keeping track of everyone here and i don't want to do it half-assed, you all deserve much more than that), you pull me back in. veklempt indeed.

i once wrote you an email, chris, thanking you for helping pull me out of a depression, and turning me into a reader again. and you very politely wrote back, "glad you like my books" but i could tell you were thinking, "glad you like my books, you potential whacko stalker you". well, once more another one of your twisted tales is keeping me afloat (especially in light of the retarded cowboy's latest coup). tuck and molly and roberto - especially roberto - are reminding me how vital laughter is.

sincere thanks.

(and really, i'm not a potential whacko stalker. i'm a mostly stable married mom and all. honest.)

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:56 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: