Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Other Games

Boardello Worse Written Opening Sentence

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lib

Boardello Worse Written Opening Sentence  Reply with quote  

Many of you know of this: http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/

Lets see what all you talented (or in this case untalented might be a plus) guys and gals can come up with.

Rules are simple:

1. Write an sentence that would make a reader say: I paid for this book???

2. It must involve someone in or something about our own little boardello.

3. Make me laugh.

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Amigo

With Apologies to Joe  Reply with quote  

I cocked my eyes and ears carefully as the snap, snap, snap of latex-like gloves ascended up to me from behind....

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:35 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Thanks, Amigo! Lets get crackin' guys & gals. I'll submit one to help things along...

Chris, also know as the Author Guy, started his morning like every morning, by checking out his message board, thinking surely this time, yes, this time, Steve would post a new picture of himself in some black slingbacks, because fashion in this case would also be a incentive to continue writing...after all, if he saw the cute little slingbacks with those big toes peeking out, or in Steve's case, flapping over the front edge of the shoes, he would without a doubt decide writing that morning would be a better use of his time instead of wondering if Steve had used "Tropical Sunset or "Toledo Red" on said digits and if he could use them to hold a fork.

Next please...

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Lib wrote:
Thanks, Amigo! Lets get crackin' guys & gals. I'll submit one to help things along...

Chris, also know as the Author Guy, started his morning like every morning, by checking out his message board, thinking surely this time, yes, this time, Steve would post a new picture of himself in some black slingbacks,..

Next please...
Well, that caused some water to squirt out of my nose.

And just FYI, one of my co-workers at Anthrocon was the Fabulous Tina, she of the Awesome Shoes that also happen to fit Sgt. Steve. In the past couple of years The Fabulous T has lost rather amazing amounts of weight, to the point that she's actually declined one shoe size. She has set aside the infamous Red Pumps for me, delivery at some as-yet-undetermined date.

Sorry for the threadjack, please return to the Bulwar-Lytton contest.

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lib

And where is your contribution, Steve? Razz

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: