Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Howdy
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
pixiedolores

jealous!! i wanna go to see jasper!!!
hmph.

on a side note... is it weird that I, a young hopelessly romantic woman, have never read a single Jane Austen book? I seen all the movies, which I'm sure does not suffice to those who read the books.... But still, almost every girl I know has at least read one. Should I get started?

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Joelibris

Fuck, no. They're boring.

Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LostInWalmart

They may be useful if you plan to

1) die of consumption
2) live off the kindness of strangers
3) live a life of intense ennui

then yes. otherwise no. besides, they might inspire you to write horrible angsty poems, most likely featuring unicorns.

B

Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:11 am   View user's profile Send private message
pixiedolores

lol. Thank God I'm not the only one who feels like this. It seems like those who are into quirky novels don't like the classics. Maybe it's just me. The only "classics" I can get into are Twain. I also loved "The Scarlett Letter" but that's about it. I'm sorry, but old books are soo boring sometimes! I don't care how amazing they supposedly are!

Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sgt_steve

pixiedolores wrote:
on a side note... is it weird that I, a young hopelessly romantic woman, have never read a single Jane Austen book?
No, I can think of a number of others who haven't. But if you'd like to break the trend, I suggest starting with "Pride and Prejudice." I've only read two, but that one was my favorite. Smile

Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joelibris

sgt_steve wrote:
pixiedolores wrote:
on a side note... is it weird that I, a young hopelessly romantic woman, have never read a single Jane Austen book?
No, I can think of a number of others who haven't. But if you'd like to break the trend, I suggest starting with "Pride and Prejudice." I've only read two, but that one was my favorite. Smile

Don't listen to Steve. He wears heels and fishnets, and hangs out with dudes in monkey costumes.

Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sgt_steve

Joelibris wrote:
sgt_steve wrote:
pixiedolores wrote:
Don't listen to Steve. He wears heels and fishnets, and hangs out with dudes in monkey costumes.
Aw Joe, you're jealous! That's so cute.

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joelibris

sgt_steve wrote:
Joelibris wrote:
sgt_steve wrote:
pixiedolores wrote:
Aw Joe, you're jealous! That's so cute.

Whatever, Man(olo Blahnik).... Laughing

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: