Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Operation Cyclone....

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Notdeadyet

Operation Cyclone....  Reply with quote  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

O.K., history lesson people....
Once again I'm going to explain it....
The United States funds the biggest badass in any unstable region in order to promote stability in the region....
Hence we actually fund and support a lot of the bad guys....
If Paul R. will refer to the above article he will also see that SAS and Mi6 also funded Al Quaeda....
that's why I'm not offended by his previous post..
because there is some truth in it
whether people want to believe it or not.
If you can't accept the reality then I'm sorry for you all
I am a child of military veterans, married to a child of military veterans and I was a military wife for 17 years
I am always offended by how little military history people actually know
while we personally may not have approved of these programs while they were going on, we are responsible for it.
I believe in Military Operations other than War it is referred to as "Support to Counterinsurgency"
They have a whole school for this stuff....

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Ndy....

The US funds a group called Al-Qaeda.
Funds means they do what the US says.
The Al-Quaeda is not an independent organisation.

The US orders Al- Quaeda to to powderise the twin towers.
The US orders Al-Quaeda to bomb the UK airport.

Our entire Islamic brothers get targeted instead with hate.
The muslims of the world care two hoots about the United States.
They want their meat, their Kashmir and their trip to Mecca.
They want to sell their oil to the US and carry away gold and dollars on their camels.

Yet the US tells the world that these guys are bad guys.
The Al-Quaeda is a decoy.

There is no school for this.

Last edited by lisa on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tito

Re: Operation Cyclone....  Reply with quote  

buh-bye.

Last edited by Tito on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Butch the Vizsla

Re: Operation Cyclone....  Reply with quote  

Tito wrote:

You have any other sources?

I suggest you Google it, there's probably too many listings to post in this thread. It's a story that I've heard before, more than once.

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
leprrkan

I'm not sure if it counts as a source, but I remember news broadcasts and print media reports from well before 9/11 that stated the US had helped arm the Taliban to fight the Russians, becuase God forbid the Commies take over. I know Micheal Moore shows it in Farenheit about the Taliban leaders coming to meet with, then Governor, George W Bush. But I rememeber reading about it in Time or some similar publication when it happened. If I'm not mistaken that is where the al Quieda connection comes in, Bin Laden was a Talib in that fight (or so he claims), and I'm sure there were others, that kept up there own agenda after the Soviets were gone.

As far as the history goes about us funding the "biggest badass", it's absolutely true. We put Hugo Chavez in power via financing a coup several years ago. Now, we have issues with him. We didn't like the Shah of Iran, who was elected by his people in the late seventies, so we funded Fundamentalist revolutionaries who overthrew him and brought in Khommeni. Look at books like "Persepolis" written as a comic book about the revolution in Iran by a woman who lived through it as a young teen. Or read "The Kite Runner" or "A Thousand Spledid Suns", I know that they're works of fiction, but they're written by an Afghani who lived this turmoil. We now want to give weapons and training to Saudi Arabia, a country that has given a more or less free pass for terrorists to use as a safe haven and supply highway. Ten or fifteen years from now, I'm sure we'll be having to deal with them as well.
But this is, as always, JMO... take it for what it's worth (about $1.12 on the NASDAQ) Wink

- "Bones"

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Butch the Vizsla

...or, you can just watch Bowling for Columbine, and I think Michael Moore also references it in Farenheit 911

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: