Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Dems also share the wealth with the rich

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dougp

Dems also share the wealth with the rich  Reply with quote  

Would one or two of you here that believe and profess, there is in fact a difference between republicans and democrats in actions, not just in rhetoric, explain the difference between hand outs to Haliburton vs DelMonte?

http://reason.com/news/show/121854.html

Post Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lara

I'd like to believe there's a difference so that when it comes to voting time I could feel like my vote was cast for someone who was going to bring about the new paradigm... but I'm older and wiser these days and anyone who actually wants to run for president is already lost.

Didn't they used to be the same party? So very Orwellian, that split.

Make us think we have a choice.

I think there is a difference between DelMonte and Halliburton and it is pretty extreme. One makes food, albeit toxic food, with methods that rape our environment, squashes family farms (and probably has their fingers in some nefarious pies we don't even know about blah blah blah) and the other drills for oil, builds concentration camps, outsources our military, rips off our servicemen and women, steals from the taxpayers, moved their headquarters to Dubai, (and gobbles up our children sacrificed on the altar of the Great War Machine blah blah blah).

I read this article where the author pointed out that we have names for all of the wars but only one word for "Peace" and that deep down, maybe we like the excitment of conflict. Can't say I completely disagree.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: