Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Romney and Goldwater?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Amigo

Romney and Goldwater?  Reply with quote  

Romney says he would retaliate for nuclear attack by terrorists

By Jim Davenport, Associated Press Writer | August 31, 2007

NEWBERRY, S.C. --Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney says that if terrorists detonated a nuclear bomb in a U.S. city while he was president he would retaliate "in a very dramatic and clear way."[...]

"But there's no question that people understand that the reason that we have the thousands upon thousands of nuclear warheads we have is that we intend to protect ourselves. And I would never shrink from protecting the American nation, the American people, nor shrink from retaliation if somebody used something as awful as a nuclear device. We will be safe."[...]

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice!" - Barry Goldwater acceptance speech as the 1964 Republican Presidential candidate.

Hmmm, I wonder if this will cause Romney similar problems down the line if he gets the Republican nomination?

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

I finally figured out why Romney creeps me out so much-
he reminds me of a Stepford wife...

Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Amigo

zendao42 wrote:
I finally figured out why Romney creeps me out so much-
he reminds me of a Stepford wife...

Also, his flip-flopping on issues makes Kerry look rock steady. He has changed his positions so many times it's impossible to know what he really stands for...except saying anything to get elected, of course.

Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:46 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: