Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

"A Small Price" - Holy Shit!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
deb

fortune cookie wrote:
You could "not give a rats ass", and yet you persist.
You're not actually John Kerry are you?

You weaken your argument.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Amigo

fortune cookie wrote:
You could "not give a rats ass", and yet you persist.
You're not actually John Kerry are you?

(yawn...zzzzzzzz)

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:22 am   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

So, let me understand your train of thought here.
The ability to comprehend and convey another persons thoughts on a
given matter, is to be in accord with those thoughts and the persons
position on that matter?

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:47 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lara

They want us to confuse the Price of Freedom with the cost of slavery.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CheshireFrog

I know this thread is aging, but I couldn't help adding this:

On "Fresh Air" last Friday, and again on Fox news, Ken Burns had this to say about comparisons between WWII and the Iraq war:

"Every thing sort of becomes draped in this bloodless gallant myth and what I think we have to remember is this is the worst war, it’s responsible for the deaths of 60 million people. We understand why people call it the good war because the country was more or less united, our causes were unambiguous. We didn’t debate it every night—whether we should be in or whether we shouldn’t…

As the decades have come, as we’ve removed ourselves from it, we’ve begun to see it as a safe black and white war. It’s exactly what’s happening on the streets of Baghdad. It was horrible and these young men had experiences common to all wars. I was scared, I was bored, I was hot, I was cold, my officers didn’t know what they were doing. I didn’t have the right equipment. I saw bad things, I did bad things. I lost good friends.—Now we have a separate military class that suffers its losses apart; alone from the rest of us. We are disconnected. We weren’t asked to do anything after 9/11"

In WWII everyone was involved. Most able bodied men and women who had applicable skills signed up to serve, those that didn't organized and participated in metal, rubber and bonds drives. Most everyone who wasn't directly involved in the war was working in industry in support of the war. I'd guess there wasn't a single person who didn't either have a close friend or relative deployed.

Today we have people who define support for the troops as putting a magnet on their car and voting for the idiots who got us here in the first place.

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:52 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: