Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Slam Dancing for Cougars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ginjg

just don't let your inner child know and you can be young forever.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Darquewillow_Lily

Happy Birthday! Don't be sad about it. Fifty is the new forty. And you're far from looking it. Wink

Also, thank you for not dying at 49
knikkki wrote:
That totally would have sucked for us.

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Thom

time tables  Reply with quote  

I'm going through that a little bit.

My mom died when she was 60. She smoked, she drank, she probably couldn't even spell the word "exercise" (but then again she immigrated here from Germany when she was twenty-something and never did learn to spell much of anything in English).

My dad is a fitness freak who engages in a wide variety of outdoor activities, quite the healthy individual. he is 67 and is currently in the hospital with a brain tumor. They are going to have to do surgery and the chances are not looking very well at all.

So that pretty much nails my death year to 63, unless I get hit by a bus or falling piano (two classics that never seem to happen that much in real life). That gives me twenty years to accomplish everything I was supposed to do in this lifetime.

I'm pretty sure I am going to have to take an incomplete on a lot of those things.

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:19 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jillybeans

Wuss wuss wuss. Your socks are in your pants where you left the cucumber and quarters for salad and laundry. And I am really crushed for not being ahem ... boned by an old fart as I am a cougar trying to run from the neighbor with Greek Cypriot satyriasis and priapism, who by the way has a strawberry shortcake blanket on his couch. By the way, you're still hot. I can still feel the hug from Porter Square books. And you probably don't even remember it. Twisted Evil

When my uncle was in his 90s, my dad and I were taking care of him. My car was on autopilot from Covina to Glendora when he'd lost his keys which he put in the garbage disposal, backed the car up into a tree and had a permanent dent in it, or couldn't find his teeth because they were in his head. Just shoot me if I ever get like that.

I hope that makes you feel better. Want a cookie now. I am so going to regret posting to this.

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

Dude, I SO know how you feel.
I mean, I'm gonna be 31 next week, and I know it's all downhill from there... so many things I could've done, so many places, so much fun, now it's too late. I'll be getting sensible shoes and a walker before I know it Laughing

Maybe guys who are older and chase after younger girls can be called "Badgers" or "Wolverines", no that one makes me think of "Red Dawn"...

ohhhhhhhh, I know: how about "Wildebeests" Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

- "Bones"

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ginjg

leprrkan wrote:
Dude, I SO know how you feel.
I mean, I'm gonna be 31 next week, and I know it's all downhill from there... so many things I could've done, so many places, so much fun, now it's too late. I'll be getting sensible shoes and a walker before I know it Laughing

Maybe guys who are older and chase after younger girls can be called "Badgers" or "Wolverines", no that one makes me think of "Red Dawn"...

ohhhhhhhh, I know: how about "Wildebeests" Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
I thought most are known as dogs or pigs respectively depending on their approach. The really suave ones are referred to as silver haired foxes.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
leprrkan

Quote:
silver haired foxes

Like George Hamilton...

Quote:
I thought most are known as dogs or pigs respectively

Yeah, but wildebeests sounds much nicer Wink

- "Bones"

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FattyFattyPorkFace

Fuck me, you're old. My Dad is only 54. You're old enough to be my Dad. Fuck. That sucks to be you.

Happy belated birthday, you decrepit old fool.

Now, go write me some funny before senility kicks in properly and you forget how, or the only funny you make is with drool and inappropriately timed fecal explosions.

Twisted Evil

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Fuck me, you're old. My Dad is only 54. You're old enough to be my Dad. Fuck. That sucks to be you.

Happy belated birthday, you decrepit old fool.

Now, go write me some funny before senility kicks in properly and you forget how, or the only funny you make is with drool and inappropriately timed fecal explosions.

Twisted Evil

That sir, was highly inappropriate. Laughing my ass off!

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Click

You ol' wolf, you!

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
gretchenfaith

Happy Birthday, AG. (Sorry my wishes are belated.) Hope it was great.

Here I have photographic evidence that AG has NOT been hiring small Viet Namese children to write his books (thank god!). He cannot even get THIS small Viet Namese child to even LOOK at him. I guess I should have taken her to a James Patterson signing. Cool

http://adventuresoflawmommy.blogspot.com/2007/04/lana-meets-bestselling-author.html

Post Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: