Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Mom, look what I found in the yard... Can I keep 'em?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Klari

Okay, but maybe you could do the, "I'm a famous author, here's a stack of my books. I need my number one fan Klari to take a ride in one so that I can question her about it because I want to put that in a book." thing?

Just sayin'.

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message
VZG

Or... go yourself, hurl, and then write about it. It might have interesting colors!

...Also you could write about being in the jet.

(You take a mean photograph, Mr. Moore.)

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Butch the Vizsla

I saw the Blue Angels live, an awesome thing to see...and the most surprising part of the show was when they did stuff with their transport plane - that big momma bird thingy - they made it do things that seemed to defy physics.

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
suetu

Weasel and I just love it when they buzz our balcony. Rolling Eyes

http://inoneeyeouttheother.blogspot.com/

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
i8tokyo

suetu wrote:
Weasel and I just love it when they buzz our balcony. Rolling Eyes

That sounds dirty, I like it.

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
edrie

was heading into s.f. to pick up some pearl stuff fri when they took off from s.f.o. JUST as i was on 101 - top of the van damn near rattled my teeth out of my head! WOW!

got to watch them play on the drive in as traffic slowed to a crawl with nobody complaining... then got to the city and almost missed my wholesalers cuz i couldn't go in until they quit playing.

damn! now THAT is a job to have - getting to play with REAL toys bunches of times a day and calling it "practice"...

i'd gladly do without food for two days to go up in the twoseater - hurl or no hurl!

hey! it's my birthday sunday (almost today) wonder if THAT would get me a ride? (if i were 40 years younger, mebbe...)

just goes to show - those are NOT only guy toys! i love the loop de loops best!

hey....a side note of self-promotion here...

if any of yall need a new honda or accura - or a used one - i'm starting monday selling cars instead of pearls - i've decided to let my merchandise carry ME around for a while!

besides, what good writer can resist "used car salesman" on their bio - along with college professor, day care teacher, go-go dancer, feather boa salesperson... and, oh, yeah... almost forgot - ny cabbie.

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Naked and Famous

Hey, that is where my jets went! They were flying past my house in August. You are right, they are really loud. I wasn't sure whet was going on that Auguast afternoon to make such a loud roar, then I looked up and saw the jets and remembered it was Seafair. That is the fun of them coming to town.

Your pictures were wonderful. One of my friends took about 75 of them from a boat this year and not one of them was as clear or sharp as the ones you took.

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Kar98

More pics:
http://www.stern.de/computer-technik/technik/599618.html?backref=%2Fcomputer-technik%2Ftechnik%2F%3ASan-Francisco-Fleet-Week-Blaue-Engel-%25FCber-Golden-Gate%2F599620.html&cp=1

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wingnut

Hey, those pics are great, Kar - I love the one that shows an F-18 leaving a wake on the water!

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
mllefifi

ARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

Embed the URL or make it a TinyURL.

PLEASE! Idea

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
leprrkan

Nice pics, Kar. That's got to be one impressive telephoto lens to take those all the way in Texas Very Happy

- "Bones"

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kar98

leprrkan wrote:
Nice pics, Kar. That's got to be one impressive telephoto lens to take those all the way in Texas Very Happy

That's why I make the big bucks. Laughing

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: