Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Gay Pride Parade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ken
Site Admin

TO quote Ted Sturgeon, 99% of Everything is Crap. The other 1% makes up for it. The mark of in intelligence is to be able to see the difference.

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
palmer

mea culpa  Reply with quote  

Dear Chris Moore BBS community,

Due to a circumstances whose repetition would not be suitable here, I have come to profoundly regret the posting of the comments that I did in this thread, their gist being that homosexuality represents something gone wrong.

What was wrong, it now seems to me, is that I made those kinds of comments here -- inapropriate, tasteless, hurtful -- talk about raining on someone's parade...

If the parade pictures are any indication, it would seem that gay people certainly know how to enjoy themselves.

For their continued and increased enjoyment, I express the hope, in all sincerity, that next year's parade is even bigger and better.

Mea Culpa.

I am sorry, especially to those most affected.

John Palmer

P.S. -- And yes (to paraphrase the sanest post in the thread) how about those gay clog dancers?

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Dave

Hopefully this isn't out of line or opening freshly healing wounds but since people seem to be thinking in this area, I've got to ask: what the hell is with all the gay mariage stuff? Why do people want to mess with the US Constitution over something like this??

I asked somebody at work about this and they said it was to preserve the sanctity of marriage. Rolling Eyes Uh.. What's the divorce rate in the US?? If two people can make an actual marriage work - fidelity, respect, teaching non-psycho values to kids, blah, blah, blah - I don't give a rats ass who they are, what color or religion they are, or which team they bat for.

Personally, the idea of getting turned on by some other guys hairy butt (or other parts, hairy or not) creeps me out but it doesn't make me want to deny hir what they want (if it's not me). In fact, at least in my own little perverted universe, this means that there's one more available woman out there for me. If said gay guy gets hooked up, that's two extra women. More power to the gay guys!! (I'm actually pretty un-promiscuous for a guy but I'd like the opportunity to be, if it ever came up.)

Please tell me to shut up if this topic has become a little too hot around here but I'd seriously like to know.. What's the big deal?

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ferrit Leggings

You are alright with me Palmer but I still don't like parades. Laughing

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Michaelabattiste

Clear Pride Parade  Reply with quote  

My wife and I took our 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter to the Long Beach Clear Pride Parade this summer... First one any of us had been to
My bother-in-law's family have a house on the parade route about 1/2 block from where it begins... We had a great time, especially the kids.

We met2 very nice lesbian couples who decided to sit on "our" lawn to watch the parade, and whenever the people on the floats threw things to the crowd, they would give the kids some of the trinckets.

After a while, it got hot, and my son went inside to get something to eat and drink... after a bit, he returned with a very large bowl of cherries... When I thanked him, and reached for the bowl, he pulled back, and said, "No Dad, these are for the grrrls". This says one of two things...

1) an appreciation of girl-grrrl stuff is genetically encoded into the male dna chain (unless that male happens to be riding on a float in a Clear Pride Parade)

or

2) $ year old boys veiw chicks that give out trinkets in much the same way as Skinner veiws the Food Guy

Either way, I had to beg a bunch of lesbians to share their bowl of cherries

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Michaelabattiste

Gay Guys freeing up the women folk  Reply with quote  

Dave, I like your math... its not the least bit fussy...
I say root for the gay guys... lets see, I know at least a dozen gay couples, that frees-up 48 women... minus the 4 lesbians I know... hey we still have 44 free chicks!!!

Ahhh, to be single and promiscuous... ok, I remember being single -- It sucked!!!
As for promiscuous... I was never cool enough or emotionally secure enough to be promiscuous... Come to think of it, What the hell did my wife see in me...

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

What started this thread??  Reply with quote  

Where are THESE pictures?? *I* want to see the gay clog dancers too! Wink

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:21 am   
Lib

The pictures were posted on Chris's Homepage. However, when they put up the new Homepage a few weeks ago, most of the tour pictures were not posted on the new one. Sorry you missed out...you could have seen a picture of me being sweated on by the AG. Laughing

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:31 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: