Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Abominate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
gretchenfaith

Leviticus and hair...  Reply with quote  

Well, conspiracies unlimited (didn't you used to be Michaelbattiste?) - sadly, no, Leviticus 19:27 doesn't forbid cutting all hair...just:

Leviticus 19
27 " 'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

Now - why couldn't it have said, "do not cut the hair on your legs??" - come on - that could be saving millions of women ALL kinds of time in the shower every day! THAT would have been, like, USEFUL... Wink

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
conspiracies unlimited

My alter ego  Reply with quote  

Yes Gretchen, I am the artist formerly know as michaelabattiste... But I prefer the anonimity of my present username -- It makes it much easier for me to get up on a soapbox and shout at the rain.

Yeah, that whole hair thing makes as much sense as eating fish on friday...
Ok, so thats a catholic thing not a jewish thing, but you get the point...

Although!!! I do have a theory on the fish thing... The fish-dealers were losing business to the meat and pork dealers, so they got together and said, hey, we need a gimmic... The pope probably had a cousin or something in the fish business, and voila!!! "Fish on friday or you're burning in hell !!! Twisted Evil or at least vacationing in purgatory..."
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
gretchenfaith

the great catholic fish conspiracy  Reply with quote  

Quote:
Although!!! I do have a theory on the fish thing... The fish-dealers were losing business to the meat and pork dealers, so they got together and said, hey, we need a gimmic... The pope probably had a cousin or something in the fish business

Funny you should say that. My priest (episcopalian, not catholic) - has the exact same theory - he actually presented this theory in a sermon one day during Lent a few years ago. (You're not Father Paul masquerading as conspiracy guy are you?) Smile

My husband was raised in a devout Roman-Catholic-Old-World-Polish home - he used to LOOOOVE Fridays - potato pancakes and trout or salmon for dinner - kind of defeats the purpose of "suffering" without meat on Fridays if it is your favorite day of the week to eat!

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
conspiracies unlimited

hear fishy fishy  Reply with quote  

Nope, I'm not Fr Paul

I was rasied as a RC also... man I hated Fridays!!! When I found out that kids got a special waiver, I was all over it!!! Until I got in trouble for gloating about the Big Mac I had for lunch -- funny how parents can go against Papal Law whenever it suits them... And they wonder why I revel in my heathenosity Twisted Evil
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: