Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

That time, When Dad Shot Santa
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
knikkki

wow ... kind of puts my parenting hiccups into perspective.

I remember the night that I was dispelled of the myth ... I was 9 and scared shitless of the tooth fairy. Seriously, who thought that shit up? While you are sleeping somebody will touch your pillow and take your old tooth?

So, I was scared and mom let me off the hook by telling me the truth about the tooth fairy. I made the natural leap from Tooth Fairy to Easter Bunny. But it took me a LONG time to come to the Santa realization. And I was PISSED.

I took it upon myself to inform my younger sisters at my earliest opportunity.

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

My Dream Last Night . . .  Reply with quote  

Lisa M wrote:
was about Chris' childhood. Only he was big, Like, an adult otherwise no similarity to the movie with Tom Hanks). With his AG wit, worldview, sense of humor, etc. Only he was a kid. His parents did not seem particularly robotic, but they did have a really cool house.

Shocked Wow, that's freaky- I had a dream about Chris yesterday, too!

In mine, he was sleeping in my bed, which for some strange reason was in somebody else's house-
I was supposed to help tuck him in because my covers are kinda tricky, but then I woke up...

Oh yeah, there was some kind of event going on & he was staying there instead of a hotel-
y'all were vague extras in the background, can't name names for you, sorry...

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Chris, maybe your dad was shooting only a robot santa with a potty mouth.

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Notdeadyet

Re: My Dream Last Night . . .  Reply with quote  

zendao42 wrote:
Lisa M wrote:
was about Chris' childhood. Only he was big, Like, an adult otherwise no similarity to the movie with Tom Hanks). With his AG wit, worldview, sense of humor, etc. Only he was a kid. His parents did not seem particularly robotic, but they did have a really cool house.

Shocked Wow, that's freaky- I had a dream about Chris yesterday, too!

In mine, he was sleeping in my bed, which for some strange reason was in somebody else's house-
I was supposed to help tuck him in because my covers are kinda tricky, but then I woke up...

Oh yeah, there was some kind of event going on & he was staying there instead of a hotel-
y'all were vague extras in the background, can't name names for you, sorry...

That's freaky, if I have dreams like that moving. Shocked
Strangers in my house and paranoia don't mix.
I guess Zen's met him like an actual person so it's not that freaky.... Confused

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:29 am   View user's profile Send private message
Aubie

knikkki wrote:
wow ... kind of puts my parenting hiccups into perspective.

I remember the night that I was dispelled of the myth ... I was 9 and scared shitless of the tooth fairy. Seriously, who thought that shit up? While you are sleeping somebody will touch your pillow and take your old tooth?

So, I was scared and mom let me off the hook by telling me the truth about the tooth fairy. I made the natural leap from Tooth Fairy to Easter Bunny. But it took me a LONG time to come to the Santa realization. And I was PISSED.

I took it upon myself to inform my younger sisters at my earliest opportunity.

The Easter Bunny freaked me out. Seriously? A five-six foot rabbit bouncing around the house? Carrying eggs? What if he knew I always ate the ears and tail first off of my chocolate bunny?? Would he snap?? AHHHH! And why the fuck is he hanging out with a duck???

Mom saved me from that. Thank god.

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Notdeadyet wrote:

That's freaky, if I have dreams like that moving. Shocked
Strangers in my house and paranoia don't mix.
I guess Zen's met him like an actual person so it's not that freaky.... Confused

Put on your tin foil hat & think "AG tour here!"-
if we can get him back in the South, you got a chance...

I just thought it was a nice change from Gene Simmons-
not that there's anything wrong with him...

Let's see, AG & TB- now I'm waiting for the rest of the fruitbat authors to join me in dream land...

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

mllefifi wrote:

zendao42 wrote:
[...] Let's see, AG & TB- now I'm waiting for the rest of the fruitbat authors to join me in dream land...

The rest? Isn't a three-way enough, zen? Twisted Evil

Hey, they weren't there at the same time!

But I did once have this dream about Douglas Adams & Elvis being in the hospital at the same time-
yeah, I'm an accidental celebrity dream stalker, could be a lot worse...

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

zendao42 wrote:
[...] I just thought it was a nice change from Gene Simmons-
not that there's anything wrong with him...

Except for the fact that "for legal reasons" his interview on Fresh Air cannot be made available on the web. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Let's see, AG & TB- now I'm waiting for the rest of the fruitbat authors to join me in dream land...

The rest? Isn't a three-way good enough, zen? Twisted Evil

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

... & now it looks like I read your mind! Shocked

The sleep-walker, night-stalker strikes again! Laughing

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: