Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

The Perfect Christmas Gift ---
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sgt_steve

chris wrote:
mllefifi wrote:
The trouble with Deive's theory is that, yesterday when I was shopping, I wasn't even wearing my boobs. Cool

I know. And what if you're there to get some boobs? Some electric boobs, like in that old Elton John song?
And a more hair suit.

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
leprrkan

I thought it was mole hair...

- "Bones"

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Effingee

Wingnut wrote:
I was in the local Futureshop the other day (Canadian equivalent of Best Buy - same company) and while I was browsing the plasma tv's (just browsing-can't actually afford one) the group of FOUR pimply guys continued their conversation for a moment as though I weren't even there, then when they deigned to notice me, their first question was "Hey, do you like beer? We're talking about beer."

Well, yes - as a matter of fact I do like beer. Quite a lot. WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH TVoh, wait, that's a dumb question...

But still...what the hell happened to customer service?

I would consider that a welcomed replacement for saying, "No, I'm just browsing." every 3 minutes. I'd rather have a conversation about beer and TVs with a real person than listen to some pimply tool box in a uniform give me the same bland, "Is there anything I can help you with?"

I feign employment at a large retail corporation. Every day I try to find new and creative excuses not to wear my uniform. I tell customers things like, "The cheap ones are junk and will probably fall apart next week." and "You can probably get it cheaper at Jim's Wholesale Widgets."

That's the reason I hate shopping, especially at Christmas. I feel like I'm surrounded by robots, talking parrots, and slime molds whenever I walk into a store. On the outside, I say "No thanks." a lot. On the inside, I'm screaming, "No, actually I just want to fucking look around for a while and maybe pick up a thing or two at my discretion! You can take your extended warranties, sales promotions, and stupid looking uniforms, and shove them up your shiny robot asses!"

Merry X-mas! Very Happy

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: