Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Signed Lamb in Leather at Last
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
leprrkan

mllefifi wrote:
zendao42 wrote:
[...] humpday...

I won't ask. Wink

For most people it's Wednesday, but for our Zen ? ? ? Laughing

- "Bones"

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

I got my copy of lamb!!!

*hugs it* thanks mom!! my mom went and bought it then asked for it to go to my room. (not sure why she doesn't like seeing my things... *sigh* oh well.) but I love it. Chris Thank you so much for for taking the time to redo this Wonderful work of literature that you have created. I would like to say that I am in love with biff. if you can find some way to create him into a plushie/doll that one can hug and have sit near her, I would be happy. but I yes I am joking. or am I?

hey. if Adam west can become the mayor of a small town in Rhode Island, I think its possible. (gotta love family Guy)

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beta Male Mike

I was browsing through the Horror section of Hastings the other day, when I spotted the new Bible looking edition of LAMB. I'm still puzzled why it was in the Horror section and not with the other Chirsopher Moore books in gerneral fiction.

Anyhoot, I bought me a copy. It's got the golden trim around the pages and the little red book marking tassle just like the Bibles I see people walking around with on Sunday in my little Mid-Westeren town in Ohio. I think I'll start carrying my new Bible edition of Lamb around town dressed and read people quotes from it. I feel Lamb presents the compassionate nature of Jesus in a much better way than these fudemental Chirstians who only focus on what things to hate (abortion and gay marrige). The Gospel of Biff is the best.

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Aubie

Gave this to the sis for Xmas...she loved it!

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cornman

i gots a question for you cats.

i received a gift certificate from my sister-in-law and her hubby for amazon.com. i bought my share of reads and decided that i would have a book shipped to them as well.
i chose leather lamb.
great gift, eh?
i thought so too.
well, the thing is, this set of in-laws happen to be pretty devout born-again christians. but, they are my age and, the husband, at least, has a really great sense of humor. i hope.
when i told my wife of my brilliant gifting she didn't tend to think they would appreciate the book and might think i was being rude.
to be fair the wife hasn't read "lamb"(yes yes, i know, i married her anyway) and is only going off the title and that it's a comedy....about jesus.

yikes! maybe i did screw up? maybe they will think i'm being an ass?
i hope not, i didn't think any of that when i bought it for them. my instincts, i think, will be the correct ones.

right, so, the question.
has anyone ever forced their devout christian relatives/friends into reading this awesome book? how was it received? are you still talking to them? are they praying for you and the ag's souls?

when, or if, they read it, i'll let ya know how it goes.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:44 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb

I never force anyone to read, and really hesitate to ever give books to adults, though children always get one from me at Christmas. However, speaking as somewhat of an authority, Lamb demonstrates a great understanding of the gospel story of Jesus. That it might add some slight irreverence now and again doesn't detract from how well the AG held to the traditional story.

That being said, I think any "born agains" can take a break from their literalist viewpoint and enjoy life. At least until the last page, and then they can re-insert the stick up their asses.

Not that I think your in-laws are ass-stick-inserters. That's not what I meant.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Aubie

I've never forced anyone, but I have several VERY religious friends (although they are Methodist, we're kinda calm) and they loved it.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fortune cookie

Cornman, seems to me you've done yourself a favor.
If they recieve it well, then you know you gots some very hip in-laws.
And it's a party on wayne situation.
If they don't, well you've saved yourself a whole lotta time.
Meanwhile don't fret, sit back, pull up a big ol' ribeye steak, parmesean
mashed potatos, and tender asparagus spears, a highball and relax.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message
cornman

fortune cookie wrote:
sit back, pull up a big ol' ribeye steak, parmesean

*gasp* you've been spying on me today! (except that wasn't a highball, it was a dirty martini, extra olives)

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

cornman wrote:
fortune cookie wrote:
sit back, pull up a big ol' ribeye steak, parmesean

*gasp* you've been spying on me today! (except that wasn't a highball, it was a dirty martini, extra olives)

'Swhat I'm gonna sit down to in a hour or two.
Great minds baby, great minds. Wink

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lenore

I turned a friend on to Lamb a couple of years ago.
She in turn bought me the bible version this Christmas. The signed version to boot.
It was a very nice surprise.

I've been tempted to buy it for myself but my house has three copies of the book already and I thought it would be a little over the top getting another.

so things do go round.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

You know, this give me the completely idle idea --

The next edition of Lamb should come out as a SCROLL!!! I mean, that's what they had in those there days...

(Not to mention that modern Torahs in synagogues are still presented in that form.)

Think of it!

Lamb: Until now, you've only been able to flip through the pages of the book. Now you can wrap yourself in it!

Very Happy

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aubie

Finally ordered my own copy...yay! It will NEVER leave the house!

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: