Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Our Robot Overlords...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lisa M

I, too, bought a Roomba. Nice little critter, sort of. My cat didn't think so. My dog was terrorized. Clearly she saw the threat much more urgently than did I. It was the animals combined, however, who saved the day. Their shedding went into overdrive, and the little red robot could not cope. It drove itself into a corner and richocheted from wall to wall into oblivion.

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:13 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Lisa M wrote:
I, too, bought a Roomba. Nice little critter, sort of. My cat didn't think so. [...]

You weren't holding the Roomba in your lap and scratching it behind the ears, were you? That definitely will make a housecat absolutely livid.

Jealousy hath no scorn like an enraged kitty. Or something like that. Razz

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ginjg

Is the Alba-bot 2700 one of those that you long ago said Neil and Jeff, et al were working on? Are they still having trouble getting that "crome off a trailer hitch" thing perfected?

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lib

If, notice I said if...Chris is a machine, they might want to insert a new bolt in his neck. The old one must be rusted.

Just sayin'

Razz

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Lib wrote:
If, notice I said if...Chris is a machine, they might want to insert a new bolt in his neck. The old one must be rusted.

Just sayin'

Razz

That's why his head tilts like that. Razz
I was gonna offer Chris the use of my portable EMP emitter, but if he's really a cylon, no good can come of it.

Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:20 am   View user's profile Send private message
ChrisH

Hehe this actually reminds me quite a bit of my childhood, actually. I was always a very paranoid little boy, until I was about 12 the defining characteristic of my life seemed to be that fear and how I would go about avoiding it. I was a fat little kid (oh was I), and I was convinced that my best friend's parents were aliens trying to fatten me up for awhile, though of course I never breathed a word of it to anybody.

I think that that almost ridiculous paranoia, the fear that came with it, really bred my sense of humor though which is a bit on the cynical side. And I am glad of that, because, as a young man of German heritage, I was born without tear ducts or the capacity to express emotion; but at least I learned to laugh.

Chris

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:47 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Joelibris

ChrisH wrote:
as a young man of German heritage, I was born without tear ducts or the capacity to express emotion; but at least I learned to laugh.

Chris

So that's where Kar98 gets that from...

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisH

Joelibris wrote:
ChrisH wrote:
as a young man of German heritage, I was born without tear ducts or the capacity to express emotion; but at least I learned to laugh.

Chris

So that's where Kar98 gets that from...

Well I have a Kar98.......

I'm from tahoe what do you expect?

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: